LegacyGT.com

How do i get rid of creases on the leather??

STi Boy

i adjusted my headrest and now there are 5-6 creases from the top of the headrest :(

is there anyway i can get rid of those creases?? its pretty annoying since the car has less than 500 miles on it and the leather on the headrest has a bunch of creases on it already

You aren't going to be able to fix that by any other means short of unsewing the headrest and tightening the leather. It's not like you can just apply some magic wrinkle cream to sealed leather. I would take the headrest to a leather repair shop and see what they have to say. There are many shops that do custom upholstery that would have more expertise on this than I do. I know leather detailing pretty well, but this isn't a situation where detailing will cure the problem.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

How did that happen exactly? By just resting your head on it? Me curious?

X

when i bought the car, the headrest was raised... i pushed the little button and then i pushed the headrest down and after that... the creases appear...i thought they were going to go away but they are still there... it has been a month since ive touched the headrest, and i never rest my head on the headrest.

IMHO.... that is normal... the leather is just breaking in.....

im sure its normal for leather to crease...but i didnt think it was going to crease after touching it once... LOL!

even the bolsters where my thigh rests on and comes in contact when i get in and out of the car hasnt even creased yet.

The only way i find out if something is real leather is if it creases when I touch it and stroke it...

That's how you find the real stuff...that other crapola won't crease because it's fake crap...that's why i don't like preforated, it looks fake, and it wont crease as normal leather does (makes me question...):iam:

Precisely...this leggy is made of complete leather, save for a few vinyl strips: these you will find on the very sides of the backseat, and I think the very sides of the driver/passenger seat...other than that, all of the interior is some quality leather according to me (but I'm no expert beyond what my hands can feel...)

Hmmm..I thought only the seating surfaces were real.. nice to know.

I do like the plushness of Volvo leather quite a bit more, but this is decent enough. I didn't want to pay Volvo prices so this is what I got.

"Seating surfaces" is supposed to be any leather surface that makes contact with your body. Some people would say that includes the headrest, but others may not.

My friend's Volvo XC70 does have a lot softer leather... and the padding is cushy and comfortable. Much more comfortable, if you're a passenger. I'm not sure that's suitable for the Legacy GT though...

However, I have to say that I don't think the steering wheel leather is good quality. My '98 Outback Limited had low quality leather seats but the leather shift knob and the leather steering wheel had a really good feel to them... I wished Subaru had put a little more money into the leather steering wheel...

• 1 year later...

Archived