LegacyGT.com

Squeaky Driver's Seat

hoesiah

Has anyone had any problems with their drivers seat squeaking? It does it when I lean back into the seat and when I'm on a rough road. Of course when I brought it to the dealer it magically fixed itself that day.

Yup it is a relatively common problem, mentioned by a few others here. Do you have leather with power adjustments? The squeaks change, will go away for a couple days after you change positions...then eventually the squeaks return.

Yup it is a relatively common problem, mentioned by a few others here. Do you have leather with power adjustments? The squeaks change, will go away for a couple days after you change positions...then eventually the squeaks return.

Yea I have the leather power seats. Seat feels secure, just noisy.

I have the same problem (power/leather). It sounds like it is coming from the right rear of the seat. I did a quick check of the 4 bolts that hold the seat down. I read the thread FrozenNorthLGT posted and it confused me. In all other cars I have owned the rails in which the seat slides on are attached to the seat. The bolts then go through the rails and straight into the car body.

Are there more pieces involved? Do the bolts bolt into something that could be loose or do they go straight into the body of the car?

I might just go tear it apart now.

you nailed it...

obw 05 power/leather seats... makes squeak.. stops... squeak... stop... squeak... stop.

I have the same problem (power/leather). It sounds like it is coming from the right rear of the seat. I did a quick check of the 4 bolts that hold the seat down. I read the thread FrozenNorthLGT posted and it confused me. In all other cars I have owned the rails in which the seat slides on are attached to the seat. The bolts then go through the rails and straight into the car body.

Are there more pieces involved? Do the bolts bolt into something that could be loose or do they go straight into the body of the car?

I might just go tear it apart now.

Yup, same here, seems like it is coming from the right side. Let me know what you find out.

Yep, me too. I just adjusted my seat a tad in the "right" direction and it went away. When it comes back, I just adjust the seat a tad and it goes away for a long time again. And...seems to be only when it's colder out.

I am 900 miles from needing my 15K service so I think I will wait until then. I feel kinda guilty bc I keep taking my car into the dealer (to whom I didnt purchase my car from). 1st time was legitimate: Needed an updated computer flash.

2nd was the previous owner decided to super glue a damn aftermarket shift knob on. The very next after purchasing it I replaced it, but did not clean every piece of glue out causing the reverse lockout to not engage.

Now this? I hope dealers do not get butt hurt for fixing warranty problems when the car was not purchased from them....

• 3 weeks later...
Brought the car to the dealer. They removed the seat and lubricated and tightened all of the moving parts; the squeaking seems to have gone away. Hopefully it will stay that way.

• 4 weeks later...
Dealer just ordered me a lower seat frame. Although the mechanic said he thought it was a bad lumbar support part. Finally making some progress. One thing I noticed is when the lumbar support bar was adjusted the squeaks got worse.

• 2 weeks later...
I have this problem with my 2009 Legacy 2.5i SE. No leather but the damn thing is driving me crazy. They "tightened" things down and that didn't do a damn thing. I swear they drive my car around the block, put a "thank you come again" floor cover in the thing and give it back to me.

Had to make 2 visits to the dealer until the mechanic finally was able to confirm the squeaks when it got really loud. They replaced the lower seat frame and it seems to be okay for now. You really have to be persistent with the service advisor and maybe try a couple different dealers.

Had to make 2 visits to the dealer until the mechanic finally was able to confirm the squeaks when it got really loud. They replaced the lower seat frame and it seems to be okay for now. You really have to be persistent with the service advisor and maybe try a couple different dealers.

Just keep going back. I've had a few things fixed under warranty and they didnt do anything until the 3rd time I complained.

Archived