LegacyGT.com

s2baru's "InFrontAutomotive" built, stage3+ 335hp/412tq

Without doing any measurements myself, is it possible to have a +40 in the 9" with 255 without it hitting the struts? My car is a standard GT and trying to avoid modifying it to decrease comfort (already have a modded R32 GT-R, which I used to daily at one point with 265/35/18's and TEIN coilovers, was painful on Sydney's shitty roads and traffic).

I don't mind rolling the guards, but would like to avoid any more modification.

Yes, I'm after max tyre width under stock guards hehe. Have 275/35 under my R32 on 18x10+20 wheels, still a tad too much stretch for my liking (Hankook Z222 tyres).

P.S. those mud flaps work very well visually (and I'm sure practically too).

Just to jump in on here to give you a quick answer. It shouldn't be a problem for outer fender clearance.....I'm running a 9.5" +38 with 255/35's and there's still a bit of room to go. I'm fairly certain it would be kind of tight on the inside near the strut though, unless you're already running coilovers.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af38/stu-nami/S2BARU/IMG_20151029_135603_zpsr3ipv400.jpg

JDM conversion is now complete :D

Before bombarded with Q's,

- MAJOR thanks for Hanger(Mike) and Testa422(Kevin) shared knowledge of fitting things and made it all work out. Help with the correct headlight brackets, and suggestions on fixing a few other areas were very helpful. THANK YOU!

-FMIC will be underway this winter with the help of a good friend that is a subie nut and has a fabrication company that many of you bought your alt shrouds from. I'm going to be in touch with the moderators and maybe if theres some demand the potential run of a few more will be made if costs&labor are worth it to him.

-Some other cosmetic changes will take place too, I need new side mirrors along with a new windshield. Engine bay might see a few things to be powdercoated. Brembos ate going on this winter or spring. And my wheels setup will be listed for sale too. Less is more approach is going to be happening on the outside,then go bonkers with the engine build.

- Thank you all for support as well. I know sitting at a computer you must be like holy shit this guys luck is terrible. Good news is we have a great group of people here and I'm grateful for that. Glad to meet some of you along the journey and progression of the car. It's still just a car but glad I'm OK health wise and I was able to keep her and not be at a complete loss. Thanks again everyone!

You can finally install an STI lip!!!

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Right now I'm looking at a k2 lip or a jpcarbon, not really liking the sti styled one but I gotta let the front end grow on me before I make a decision. I waxed it up really good yesterday although the paint is fresh and I love the new good lines when looking g over the front. Miss the scoop already but FMIC will look great tucked in behind now.

As for a clear bra I'm not positive if I'll be doing it but that seems to be the best thing to do, I'll wait till spring since she'll be in the garage all winter under a car cover

Right now I'm looking at a k2 lip or a jpcarbon, not really liking the sti styled one but I gotta let the front end grow on me before I make a decision. I waxed it up really good yesterday although the paint is fresh and I love the new good lines when looking g over the front. Miss the scoop already but FMIC will look great tucked in behind now.

As for a clear bra I'm not positive if I'll be doing it but that seems to be the best thing to do, I'll wait till spring since she'll be in the garage all winter under a car cover

Car is coming along beautifully, man. Did the paint cure enough before wax?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

http://www.mysubie.com/user_images/v1/vehicle/555/v1_vehicle_555_64c6586605_7165_1024.jpg

Got these to hold me over until I sell my Forgestars. They're OZ SUPERTURISMO GT...18x8 +35

Santa was good to me this year wiith his little helpers from the forum I purchased:

Perrin shift stop

Single pod for driver side pillar

Dual pod for steering column

JDM revA-C 'sport' mesh grill

Outfrontmotorsports fuel rails

Outfrontmotorsports Long tube intake manifold

*edit* looks like my dad just sent me confirmation of the Boomba short throw :D

FMIC will be underway next month along with rotated manifold, parallel fueling, pump, & injectors.

I'm looking forward to the next big changes this coming year. Hope everyone had a great holiday season!

Edited by s2baru

Bradze my LGT is bent up from pretty bad from my accident

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/time-create-my-new-legacy-again-246176.html

I was going to cut the front 1/4 off it and leave that area exposed at shows so people could peak inside to see the bottom mounted turbo after getting a custom header& EFR tucked in there. Since the accident costmetic mods took priority over power for awhile. So I might just use it to prop against the car and write on it with chalk or something to list mods.

Edited by s2baru

Bought 245/45r18 bfgoodrich comp2 a/s from discount tire. Ended up 704$ after rebate.

Road hazard mount and balance included.

Now just gotta figure out powdercoating for my new wheels.

Should hold me over until I decide to go with a nice set of Rays or Works