LegacyGT.com

Anyone have Raxles

• 4 years later...
I asked for a quote this week. One axle would be $160 plus $60 shipping, which includes a prepaid return label for core. That is to California. Hate to say it but too rich for my situation. The EMPI axles may not be as "good" or as reliable, but for $62 shipped, for new, no core required, it's tough to beat.

I asked for a quote this week. One axle would be $160 plus $60 shipping, which includes a prepaid return label for core. That is to California. Hate to say it but too rich for my situation. The EMPI axles may not be as "good" or as reliable, but for $62 shipped, for new, no core required, it's tough to beat.

Consider splurging a full $3 more than EMPI and getting an A1 Cardone reman axle. A1 Cardone is the company that remanufactures axles for Subaru, from what I read. You can buy them from AutoZone (http://www.autozone.com/drivetrain/cv-axle/duralast-reman-cv-axle/subaru/legacy-awd/2005/4-cylinders-6-2-5l-sfi-sohc/26123_706373_0_78656/) and they come with a lifetime warranty).

^ I wouldn't suggest Cardone anything. I have had too many bad experiences across multiple vehicles.

To be honest, I don't have any experience with Cardone other than the axles.

That being said, I'm 2 for 2 in successful axle replacements using Cardone parts.

As I mentioned before, when you buy the $180 OEM remanufactured axle, you're buying an axle that was reman'd my Cardone:

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/0s0AAOSwECZUoXk2/$_12.JPG

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/DqEAAOSwkNZUoXk5/$_12.JPG

Edited by JayInVA

^ I wouldn't suggest Cardone anything. I have had too many bad experiences across multiple vehicles.

Interesting. I have remaned A1-Cardone axles on the rear of my 2nd gen Legacy. No issues as of yet, but it hasn't even been 10k miles.

• 2 years later...

Just purchased Raxles at $200/side, with $50 shipping. I was sold when I found out they used Amsoil polymeric grease. Of course I could do that with a junkyard find but I didn't want to deal with it.

I spoke with the guy and he added he would send replacement boots if it came to that, but didn't expect it. Alternatively, I could send it back to them to have it rebooted.

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

• 2 years later...
Update on my pair: They
on both sides. It's been a while but I've actually only put approx. 3,000 miles on them. I spoke with Marty this morning and he said the Legacy's seem to have this problem for whatever reason. I'm sending them in to have them looked at. Also waiting to hear back from AZP on what they recommend now. Edited by Enlight

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

FWIW, my trusted mechanic has found that some of the aftermarket reman axles are to long.

The replacement he put in the wagon a few years back began to make a clicking noise when leaving a stop sign. When I told him about the noise, he told me they learned about the length issue. The replacement he put in has been fine for years.

?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here