LegacyGT.com

So I'm working on collecting the parts for my turbo build and came across a 06 forester TMIC for a killer price. Does anyone know what the fitment will be like or how much I need to modify things to get it to fit?

It will fit no problem and is the same tmic on some later WRXs. That is what I am putting in my SS because it is the perfect size. An 02 WRX tmic is too large and requires shaving the throttle body or bashing in the firewall and I wasn't about to do either. I'm not sure if it is the same issue with a 2nd gen.

you mayyy need to trim the bottom of your hood to make some space near the firewall, if not for the IC, then for any strut bar you add for sure.

I have a strut bar on already. I had to take the cover off the inside of the hood so the scoop is actually functional but other then that it clears just fine. And mine is one that has the bends to clear an IC already anyway so I figure as long as the forester one will fit under that I should be good to go. I guess I will wind out when I get to that point of the build. One thing I have learned working on cars for as long as I have is that anything will fit depending on how patient you are and how much work your willing to do.

Worst comes to worst you could always make some hinge spacers to buy some space.

True. Then I will have that terrible looking gap though. I see jeep guys do it all the time. But thats on a jeep so it doesn't really matter how ugly those things are. I want to try and avoid that if I can just to keep the car looking good.

Archived