LegacyGT.com

Rx330 OEM conversion for Full OEM HID's Write-up

For anyone looking for a pair of MDX projectors, I have a set for sale, that I'll be posting in the classifieds area!

Looking to get 130$ shipped for the pair! Got them from The Retrofit Source, still in plastic, I am using my RX330, and they are the same bowls for everyone's information!

Thanks

JP

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have a picture of the legacy shield with the rx330 bowls and holder?

Nothing lines up, is that kormal? How should I line up the shield with the bowl and lens holder? Should the cutoff be centered with the lens?

Any pics would be appreciated and how you guys mounted the shield with the bowl and holder.

JP

Yea, that I know, but do you have to drill new holes in the shield?

Since none of the holes line up with the rx bowl and holder...

And it seems like the shield is a tad less wide than the rx bowl, is that ok?

I am not even sure how you managed to fit the legacy holder with the rx bowl, since its not even the same size!

Thanks for your time, I'm currently in the process of mounting them!

JP

I'm 110% sure I have non-afs setup, the shields are brand new, its a brand new set of headlights! I got some pics, I'll try to post them up on here...

So you didnt have to do any drilling at all??

I'm wondering since I got these brand new set of headlights.. the shiled might be different!

JP

here are the pics i took real fast with my blackberry...

IMG-20110605-00048.jpg

IMG-20110605-00049.jpg

As you can see... if the cutoff is centered with the center of the hole... that's how the top lines up!

I need to do some drilling at top and bottom...

JP

my RX looks exactly like yours!!

Here is a pic again, rx on the left, legacy on the right.. and a picture of the shield...

IMG-20110605-00050.jpg

IMG-20110605-00051.jpg

So MiniStiGuy, no drilling was required on your end?

I think I'll have some drilling to do...

JP

Ahhh... shit!!!

hmmm... what to do... I might opt to make a custom one... with the legacy shield... I assume that the cutoff line must be centered with the projector/bulb/opening?

If yes, I'll just redrill my holes... I assume they made a different shield... I ordered a set of brand new headlights from Amazon for an 05... but this is what I got!

JP

yeah you can use JbWelt to fill the holes in. I use this putty stuff that is for muffler repair to fill mine in. I tried finding my other shields in the garage but I think they are buried in the back. With the shields I have I never had to do any drilling at all and everything just lined up perfectly.

yeah you can use JbWelt to fill the holes in. I use this putty stuff that is for muffler repair to fill mine in. I tried finding my other shields in the garage but I think they are buried in the back. With the shields I have I never had to do any drilling at all and everything just lined up perfectly.

So do you have an extra set of shields that are exactly the same that you would sell? I'll pay for everything if you do!

I'll look into muffler fixer!

Thanks again for all the help, really really appreciated!

JP

• 1 month later...

been looking at this thread for awhile and wanted to add some pics/videos of a RX330/E30 lense with bent squirrel finder that I was doing for my RSX but never had a chance to put in my headlights. Now i'm going to dig it up and put in my LGT once I get a chance. The flicker is intense with the bent squirrel finder. Ok some pics: http://www.youtube.com/user/jackandcoke02#p/a/u/0/Y97esFRNarc

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n67/jackandcoke02/DSC00855.jpghttp://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n67/jackandcoke02/DSC00870.jpg

For anyonr interested, I'm selling my setup, as much as I did a lot of research and spent money on quality stuff, I need the money since I'm going back to school!

Here's the thread:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fs-canad-05-07-lgt-headlights-rx330-retrofit-brand-new-166193.html?p=3478874#post3478874

I'll take some offers! Its a complete set, just drop these heqdlights in and that's it!

JP

• 1 month later...
a.lim. the d2s bulb wont fit IIRC. you use the RX330 rear housing whch is made to fit a d2s bulb.

yea i wrote that in regards to using the rx330 bowl. too much researching got me to actually confuse myself with all those unnecessary parts haha and i actually finished my retrofit the other day.

my passenger side is significantly brighter and the cutoff is sharper than the driver side. i used the stock legacy shields with the rx bowls. not sure why this is happening..

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/932/imag0286d.jpg