LegacyGT.com

Mountain West Meet Thread

praedet

You can have the windshield guy come to your work. He can give you a call when he gets there and you can just meet him at the parking lot. I think they like to do the replacement under some shade so just make sure there are some trees or building nearby and you should be ok.

(was a wee bit nervous about doing the glass at work then driving back home on the pebble-filled 93/broadway, but my art director called and..)

rock on! i finally found someone that can drive me to Golden for work and have my car sit at the glass replacement place for the day... I will be so mad if it gets cracked again this year at least! (everyone says March is by far the 'snow' season here in colorado, so i will be avoiding following trucks at all cost!) [but i am still nervous because I thought you had to let your car sit for at least a FULL 24/hr day, but the glass guy said at the 'min' the car has to sit for an hour... but that's OT.]

so yes, count me for both days... and on sunday I plan to just show up to help out, but i might be slightly late...

and again ted, i don't want to make my brakes a priority for either day, so let's just say, "if we get to them, they'll get done." but, "if we can't get to it, the world will not explode." so really, someone can take my spot #3 on saturday if they have pertinent work to do on their ride... besides, like my first meet i went to and the reason i'm on this message board is for me to LEARN about our LGT's!!!:)

(so this part is for ted, brett, and the others whose wife/fiance/girlfriend is around :lol:: anyways, girlfriend is up to visit for about 2 weeks (which involves the weekend over our meet. she is pretty sure that our one friend will be taking her out for girlie shopping, but if that fails, can i leave her with one of your guys' woman? :lol: she has NO problem with me, the car, or you guys helping me out, but if all else fails, and her friend bails... who can i leave her with to do girl things for the day?!? :redface: [haha, sorry guys!]) Edit: she doesn't bite. lol

brian

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bring her along and she can hang out w/ Marie. If Brett brings Greata, that will be even better.

And I have the go ahead to offer a place to stay to all of you that want to do Saturday and Sunday...

:spin:

Hey Ted, I'd be happy to take you up on lodging, and might even come down Friday night if thats cool so we can get an early start on Saturday. Greta's got other plans that weekend, so it'll just be me.

life in spin cycle.....:spin:

Sounds like this is going to be a pretty sweet meet! Lotta good projects going on, wish I was able to attend. Make sure you guys take&post up some photos!!(or video)
Will do!
Hey Ted, I'd be happy to take you up on lodging, and might even come down Friday night if thats cool so we can get an early start on Saturday. Greta's got other plans that weekend, so it'll just be me.
That's fine Brett, you can definitely come down on Friday night.
Can I bring Jenna, my inflatable companion?
Only if you share her w/ Scotty
I'd love to get in on Sunday for brakes as well, if it fits. Can't make it on Saturday due to a wedding.
That should be doable!

Bring her along and she can hang out w/ Marie. If Brett brings Greata, that will be even better.

And I have the go ahead to offer a place to stay to all of you that want to do Saturday and Sunday...

nice, hopefully it shouldn't be a problem and she can be shopping all day around Boulder.

Also, anything I can help out by bringing/purchasing to help us out? I have a few extra cans of brake cleaner, should I bring my stands? I know the Academy has just about everything pertaining to tools and equipment, but if you guys can think of anything just post it up.

brian

Bring the stands if you have them. We noticed last time that most of AFA stands were a bit on the large side. We had some problem getting the car jack up high enough to use them. Ramps would also be handy for anyone working in the flat bay for fluid changes.

Great...

The only thing I need to bring is the parts and maybe a cooler full of beers and Pizza delivery phone number?

I have Bosal UP and waiting for Cobb DP and Greddy SP2 CBE... I have to check what gasket I need... The UP come with two different gaskets and I was told I need Turbo/DP gasket and everything else I can reuse..(I bought used UP/CBE)

Any advice?

Thanks.

From Desert to Rocky to SLC !!!

What everyone said about beers is right, but...

There are some roads near by that I will take the folks who get brake jobs to to bed in the pads. If it is a nice day on Saturday, those roads go to a nice little park. Again, if it is nice, we could plan on having a Cook-out at the park for Dinner... (then the beer could be put to use ;))

My brakes are starting to pulsate. I also need to install a prototype boost gauge that I hope to receive in the next few days. I can provide some tools if nesacary so dont need to ask the shop for them...