LegacyGT.com

Mountain West Meet Thread

praedet

Whats up fellas? Day number 2 in cali, still haven't seen a single subaru. I haven't seen any evos, see a lot of vettes, they are about as common as a corrolla out here. I'm starting to think people in cali don't believe in awd:p

As for the meet I could do this saturday afternoon or whenever next week since I'll be back, pick a time and lets meet up at firebowl.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah! It was Han who picked up the drinks! Many thanks also!

I was mad confused about that, but a wise man once told me never to question when my tab was paid!

I look forward to a chance to pay you back at a future meet! :)

Whats up fellas? Day number 2 in cali, still haven't seen a single subaru. I haven't seen any evos, see a lot of vettes, they are about as common as a corrolla out here. I'm starting to think people in cali don't believe in awd:p

As for the meet I could do this saturday afternoon or whenever next week since I'll be back, pick a time and lets meet up at firebowl.

I thought there were at least a few sube's in cali. Wowness in how rare they are.

Speaking of evo's, i saw the new EVO X on arapahoe this moring. Didn't look that mad.

I think what would sway my decision would be the civility of the interior. From what I have seen the STi gets the edge in the daily driver category. Everyone seems to be really impressed with how the EVO's LSD helps "at the limit" driving, that would be interesting to see. Anyone know any lenient sales reps at Burt and Skyline?

Check with Heuberger down in COS. They gave me a pretty good deal on the LGT. Either way the STI just came out so it's going to be hard to get a good deal on them. And $35.6k MSRP for a STI is just way too much for me. That's ~$11k more than what I paid for my LGT...

As far as Evo goes, I know there is a vendor on evom.net that's selling the X GSR for $31.7k, MSRP is $33.6k on those.

USE the Subaru VIP program folks!!!!!

If you join the IMBA for $25, in 6 months the dealer HAS to sell you the STi, or LGT at Invoice-2% + any incentives...

Unfortunately the VIP program has this language in it:

"All new Subaru models are included in the VIP Program, subject to availability and dealer discretion."

I get the feeling not too many dealer will be willing to let their STI participate in the VIP program right now. :lol:

On the other hand, Fitzmall has 2 STI with NAV and BBS that they are willing to ship to you for $37.6k... ;)

What about GO? Han might be able to get some details on that for you.

Are you referring to buying a car? If you are, then I have to say, SCREW GO SUBARU. They try to rip everyone off. I work for GO AUTONATION and they wont give me a little discount. I couldn't even get a good deal on used cars. I bought my car at SHORTLINE. GO SUBARU offered 30k for new 07 with no options to someone who works for same company, just different dealer. Shortline offered 26k with sat radio, spoiler, center armrest, auto-dim/homelink for just a customer. Yea. BUT! GO subaru parts department is nice to me. I think.

Whens the next meet? Anybody going to go ICE RACING in georgetown with the pirate rexers?

Sorry I didnt make it guys. Had a friend come back from Iraq and couldnt miss getting a veteran drunk. I got a call from my g-friend that you called Scotty, but 3 drinks deep in Denver, I couldnt get behind the wheel, but make arrangements and I'm there. I must offer I like both STI and EVO but I'm not a huge fan of mid-sized wagons. I think the evo's are little more sleeker looking but I'm a Soobie man all the way. If you guys are gonna get together again I will buy a few rounds on me for a no show, deal..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!