LegacyGT.com

2013 Legacy w/ Nav - Trouble with IO 7

mmargoli

I have an Iphone 4 just updated to IOS 7. The OEM NAV, Fujitsu 10 I believe, is not connecting to the audio side of the Iphone now via bluetooth. I have deleted the profile on the phone and in the head unit. Rediscovered and still nothing. Has anyone experienced this? Is there something I have to do differently to make this work?

Do I have to back up my phone, hopefully back to IOS 6 from the backup I did before installing 7?

Any help appeciated.

I have initialized my car settings, wiped out Bluetooth profiles on my Iphone, turned off the bluetooth, hard reset the Iphone, restarted the car, turned on the Iphone, repaired, I even jumped up and down yelling supurlitives. To no avail, the search and track buttons would come back after up grading to IOS 7. This morning, I tried a few other setting changes on my Iphone and I believe the culprit for me is the new Itunes Radio. My wife's Iphone 4 has not yet been set up to use Itunes Radio, but I have no problems streaming music from her phone. It appears once Itunes Radio is set up it can not be disabled. The closest thing I could think to do was stop it from getting any data.... Enter the last setting change I did:

Settings>Itunes & App Store> Turn off the last toggle = Use Cellular Data

Under this setting there is text that says this allows Itunes radio access to the cellular network among other features. I tried to just disable Music having access to the Cellular network, but that didn't seem to have the same impact as this. By toggling this off, as long as WIFI is not in range Itunes radio can not get any data.

After I did this change, I reconnected the phone to the car and I have the search and track touch screen buttons back and can control my music library like I did on IOS 6.

Since Itunes Radio doesn't seem to deliver true artist stations effectively, I am not busted up losing this feature, I would prefer iheart radio anyway.

If you too are having problems, could you try this and see if it too works for you. I would adjust the settings on the phone, then start the car and let it connect to the Iphone.

Archived