LegacyGT.com

Rear wheel bearing failure warranty extended to 100,000 miles

azca

Just wanted to let everyone know that Subaru has extended the warranty for Rear wheel bearings until 100,000 miles. So if your rear wheel bearing(s) fail, the dealer will replace them for FREE.

My left rear wheel bearing failed at 58,000 miles and it was replaced today for free by the dealer.

Just so you know, when it fails, it starts to make incredibly loud noise up to the point where if you go above 50mph, it's unbearable.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Just wanted to let everyone know that Subaru has extended the warranty for Rear wheel bearings until 100,000 miles. So if your rear wheel bearing(s) fail, the dealer will replace them for FREE.

My left rear wheel bearing failed at 58,000 miles and it was replaced today for free by the dealer.

Just so you know, when it fails, it starts to make incredibly loud noise up to the point where if you go above 50mph, it's unbearable.

can you describe your noise? similar to washer in high-spin cycle but loud?

Were you hearing noise from the bearings, or was the replacement done in anticipation of future problems?

Subaru would not pay to replace them unless there was already a duplicated and documented problem on his vehicle. They have to fail first to be replaced under warranty.

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...

Thank for posting the info. Add me to the list of both rear wheel bearings failure at 55,600 miles.

The wine or like to call the AM radio interferance increases and decrease at speed (very noticable at 65MPH), and is loud enough you cannot here your OEM stero on number 1-11.

My car has 59,000 miles and I have a feeling the right rear bearing my be going out because it is making a hummmmm noise and I thought it was my tires at 1st but threw on my winter set up and the noise is still there, back passengers say it is very bad. The sound is a humm and not a grind so im not sure what to think. please help me with your opinion oh and I do not have warranty so how much do you think 1 bearing would cost to replace?

Mine started making noise at 58, and i drove on it till today at 67.. long story about why I didn't get it fixed sooner (dealership told me it was tire noise due to running low pressure for a few hundred miles). Anyhow, they are fixing it as we speak.. I will be so happy to have a quiet car again!

Archived