LegacyGT.com

2008-2.5i Illuminated Sweep Gauge

Hi all,

Just picked up a 2008 Legacy 2.5i Touring Edition and loving it very much.

Huge upgrade from a Civic.

Anyway, I noticed on Youtube videos and stuff, when they start the car and the gauge is sweeping, they (including Impreza) have just needles lighting up and when the needle comes back to its position the full dashboard lights up.

However I noticed that on my Legacy the full dash always lights up while the gauge is sweeping at night. Is there a way to make it so that only needles light up, not the whole dash? Is it only for GT?

It's kinda cool,,,so just wondering.

Sweeping gauges is different than the electro-luminescent gauges found on the gt. I believe the OP was asking about the dark gauges until they turn on after the sweep.

X

---

Yeah, I do have the sweep but like laz said I was asking about the electro-luminescent gauge sweep which is sweeping in dark rather than with full light.

I guess only GT's do that...

But thanks for letting me know about how to turn it off, good to know.

Can you just change the cluster? I put a STI unit in my WRX. (I wanted the shift alarm)

No, it controls the security module. I believe you have to get it registered with the subaru computer IIRC. there is a thread around here somewhere of someone doing that. If you just swap it your car will not turn on, plus I don;t think they are the same plug.

X

---

Archived