LegacyGT.com

2012 Legacy arrival date?

SilentPwr

Anyone have inside info about when the 2012's will hit the dealers? I want a 2.5i manual, and there aren't any 2011's around. Local dealer was saying I should just order a 2011 since it will get here quicker. I asked how quick, he said 6-8 weeks. I'd think the 2012's should be arriving by then... hopefully! :spin:

i have several coming in the end of this month at my dealership, already got one sold!!

2012s get some nice new stuff, and some not so nice (h/k radio going from 6 cd to 1 cd)

I would not be surprised to see the cd player eliminated altogether in a year or two.

2012s get some nice new stuff, and some not so nice (h/k radio going from 6 cd to 1 cd)

Is there a list of what's changing somewhere? I haven't been able to find much other than 2 new colors and that there might be power folding mirrors.

Cars101 is updated (says specs were released on 9/2):

The 2012 Legacy gets no major mechanical or feature changes from 2011 and continues to have the same model line-up.

It was rumored they might get the new 2.5L 4 cylinder used in the 2011 Forester but it didn't happen.

The cars are expected to start arriving mid-late September 2011. Usually new models are available late June but due to the March 2011 earthquake in Japan, the date has been pushed back. Subaru also announced finance rates on the 12s starting at 2.9%, oac for the NW/Settle area. That means there aren't that many 2011 remaining..

Prices: minor price increases

2.5L no price change. 2.5 Premium +$300. 2.5 Limited +$300. 3.6R +$100. 3.6R Premium +$300. 3.6R Limited +$300. GT Limited turbo +$200

Destination $750 (was $725). To Alaska $900

New Features

>2.5i base models get steering wheel audio controls. New optional 'Alloy Wheel Package' which includes the All Weather Package (AWP), 17" alloy wheels, and fog lights for $995 after package discount. This should be a very popular option package. This is the first time the AWP has been available on this version Legacy.

> Premium- 2.5 and 3.6R Premium models get Bluetooth handsfree cell phone with steering wheel controls, Bluetooth wireless audio streaming, USB, 6 speakers.

> Limited- 2.5 and 3.6R Limited models get fog lights and an upgraded Harman/Kardon (h/k) audio package with a new 4.3" LCD color display, HD radio, and XM satellite. The h/k has an AM/FM with single CD, replaces the AM/FM with CD changer. The XM is now free for 4 instead of 3 months.

> GT Limited- no changes for Subaru's high performance turbo sedan Colors

New Deep Indigo Pearl

New Ice Silver Metallic

Gone Azurite Blue Pearl

Gone Steel Silver Metallic

I was sort of hoping for HID's... I don't understand how so many other cars come with them at least as an option and the legacy and outback don't. I find this very, very annoying.

The same reasons a 2011 GTI has rear passenger air vents and a 2011 Subaru Impreza WRX doesn't.

(h/k radio going from 6 cd to 1 cd)

To me, this screams "significant change in MY2013"

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

The same reasons a 2011 GTI has rear passenger air vents and a 2011 Subaru Impreza WRX doesn't.

My $23,xxx 2006 GTI also had auto-leveling bi-xenon headlights with washers, but my $32,xxx Subaru doesn't. I guess the Subaru makes up for it with hardware, eh? I must say there are a TON of features I miss from my GTI.

Looking at that thread, it was for pre-ordering a 2012 Impreza before August 31st or something like that - someone implied it was likely due to the delayed release of the cars, which sounds plausible. In any event, I ordered before the end of August, and got no special email giving me the $500 voucher (for either a 2yr/24K maintenance plan or a 4yr/60K Gold Plus plan w/$100 deductible or $500 towards dealer installed accessories or $500 towards Subaru Gear or $500 towards a choice of select Trek Bikes or $500 towards a choice of select Nordica Skis) - would have been nice, though...

Plenty of dealers (particularly near the plant) have already taken delivery of 2012s - most dealers already have VINs for the ones they've ordered, which means they've been built. Are you having an 11 moved from somewhere?

Plenty of dealers (particularly near the plant) have already taken delivery of 2012s - most dealers already have VINs for the ones they've ordered, which means they've been built. Are you having an 11 moved from somewhere?

No, SOA actually bought my car back from me. They ordered me a new one on June 21 and from what they told me, I missed getting a 2012 by a week. My new car just arrived at the dealer a week ago. I'm going to pick it up on Saturday. Thats fine with me because I like my Steel Silver Metallic and if I had gotten a 2012, it would have been the Ice Silver, which I'm just not feeling.

Archived