LegacyGT.com

Which Throttle Body Hose for Perrin TMIC?

I'm looking for a replacement, can anyone give me a suggestion?

I've been told that the AVO hose that is currently installed on my car is not meant for the Perrin TMIC I also have on the car. In addition, I was told the AVO hose is highly distorted.

Thanks,

Evan

Is your AVO hose falling off ? or is it falling apart ?

I found the AVO hose would not fit on my TB or IPR tmic. I using a oem TB hose.

I will say that Paul was nice enough to refund my money for the AVO hose a bought from him.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I've continued to use my OEM TB hose with my Perrin TMIC. If you do decide to do this, make sure you take the hose off and remove the rubber pieces off of each end and then reinstall the hose. I didn't realize this and both "caps" started to remove themselves at higher boost levels. Not sure what those pieces do - maybe spacers - but my smoke test was fine so I'm guessing (hoping) they're not necessary.
...Support your LGT community...

I use the Tomioka Racing TB hose with my Perrin TMIC. Haven't had any issues with it so for. Once I got the orientation of the hose right, everything else lined up pretty easily and the rest of install was fairly straight forward.

08 NBP Legacy GT BNR16G E85

13 WRB WRX. TBE & Tune

07 FXT Sports. Stock :lol:

The Tomioka Throttle Body Hose is longer than the stock hose to make sure it’s securely clamped under high boost condition!

Got that off the web site, I think that may be the inportant improvement there.

Dose any one know how much longer it is ?

I have my old oem TB I just put a new on with new shortblock. May be I'll order a Tomioka just to have around for the next time the tmic is off.

schado, how easy was it to get the hose into the TB and tmic ? I found it almost impossible to get the AVO in either. I used soap to try and make it slip on, but really not got a good feeling using the AVO hose.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Dose any one know how much longer it is ?

schado, how easy was it to get the hose into the TB and tmic ?

Max,

I actually pulled the trigger on this after reading these posts by dhallet00 and 2011boostdwrx. Both posts have pictures of the Tomioka piece vs the stock piece, which are about the same length.

As far as working with the hose, for me, it was fairly easy to install. Hose to TB, TMIC to hose, with a little bit of spit (for lack of anything else) on both sides for lubrication. The only issue I had was that I didn't pay attention real well when I took the old hose off, so I played with the orientation of the hose for a little bit before I got the fitment right. After that, it was a breeze.

08 NBP Legacy GT BNR16G E85

13 WRB WRX. TBE & Tune

07 FXT Sports. Stock :lol:

Thanks for the links, I'll check them out from home, can't view pictures here at work.

BTW, THANKS for serving, I was USAF for 7 years 9 months and 6 days back in the 70's.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update after completing the install: I asked EDO Performance how the hose is oriented and they told me "logo side down with the T of 'Tomioka' towards front of the car." I tightened the throttle body side hose clamp and the intercooler popped into the hose without much trouble, I didn't even need to use any lubricant.

With my Perrin TMIC, the hose seems to be long by maybe 1/4 or 1/2 inch. I didn't have to trim it, but I had to apply a fair amount of pressure toward the throttle body in order to get both bolts to line up on the turbo flange. The bolt closest to the front of the car was easy, but the rear was off about 1/2 the bolt width since the intercooler wasn't rotated far enough due to the hose being a little long. I had it as far onto the throttle body as it would go, so I don't think that was my issue.

I would like to have a little more length on that OEM hose. It would make things easier.

Sounds like this hose could be the way to go.

Hmmm.....I have been using the AVO hose with my Perrin TMIC for almost 4 years now. My TMIC has been removed A LOT, and I have had no problems.

I did have a huge problem with the stock one blowing off all the time though...which ovbiously is why I bought the AVO.

Archived