LegacyGT.com

NJ/NY Meet & DRIVE AUGUST 20th.

G.T.Subie

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The plan is to go to Bear Mtn in NY and take a drive, list your name here if you want to join us.We still need a Definite meeting place.

1- GT Subie

2- Effin Ponderous

3- Heightsgtltd

4- Mui01

5- Fatbastard

6-White tiger

I think you should get tshirts made.....

I wanted to bring my dog, but notice on the state parks website that I have to muzzle my dog. Do they really enforce this law? I haven't visited Bear mountain in more than decades. :icon_conf

I am in for this of course.

Is the meet place Bear Mtn or the lookout point?

I am good to meet at Bear Mtn and I will try to get a map of the roads I described earlier so we are all on the same page.

As for a BBQ we will pass a few parks where this is an option.

Since i joined this board i've been wanting to go to a meet... And I only go on vacation like once a year. But the only meet i've heard about in my local area is while i'm on vacation. WTF? :iam: Well i'll be in amsterdam on the 20th so you know it wouldn't be safe if i was driving anyway... :lol: <--- me while i'm in amsterdam

Well you've gotta figure that a lot of guys are from NY and Ct as well.. so the route is the best roads that are kinda in the middle for all.

If anyone else has some roads that are also in the middle lets hear the suggestions

im up for something new... it would be nice if someone knows the route up there... is the person who suggested the alt route gonna make it ? I only know where i drive in the yorktown putnam valley area....on my rides i do like to push the car a little faster than normal.... Redbeast knows how it goes down......eariler than 11am would be better...say around 8am... the roads are usually less crowded.... just my .02

Got Torque ?

A couple of things to consider. It's one thing for you and a buddy to go out blasting around and hope you don't get spotted. It's another thing to get 8 or 10 or 20 cars together for the same thing. It's really not possible, as you will attract too much attention. There is alot to be said about having 10 LGT's running together on a highway, even if at the speed limit. There's alot more to be said for getting a whole group of enthusiasts together to show off their rides and swap info and stories and just hang out. There are plenty of areas in the Park to cook if anyone wants to go that route.

I think that if you're is looking to go out and tear up the roads, we will be in the middle of some great ones in which to do it, but do it at your own risk. Unless we rent a track somewhere, the idea of ten of us blasting together doesn't make sense.

Just my .02

Archived