LegacyGT.com

Buttery Clutch and not very sporty, my test drive review!!!

Ok, so you all know me im 17 and im getting a car in feb and im looking at the 2.5 gt lmt sedan :-d :-d First of all, most pictures on line dont do it justice, in person i love the car, could use a new front bumper though... ANyways, today i just drove a: 05 lmt gt 2.5 Alantic Blue MT At first, i notice the clutch is soft, it doesnt even get harder as you push or anything... Ive been driving an audi TT quatro MT for a year.... That has a sport and hard clutch which i enjoy, The legacy has almost no feeling to the brake and the clutch Another thing i hated was how you cant hear the engine whine or anything The TT you can hear from far away and i love that I guess its not a very sporty sedan unless you put in an aftermarket pipe and stuff Please tell me guys if you feel the same way! I couldnt drive it over 4k rpm cuz it was only ast 871 miles... But the turbo didnt kick in at all even up to 4k.... I was a little disspointed, tell me what i could do to mine inthe future if i buy one to make it more sporty.... -alex

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You get to drive your parents' Audi TT at 16 and then they buy you a Leg at 17? [img]http://inat.org/Images/Smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Not sure about the clutch question but why would you worry about if you can hear your car from far off if you're inside it? Also, I'm not sure what you classify as "sporty" but my definition is fast and fun and IMO the car exceeds both of those requirements.

sure its fast and fun but isnt the whole point of being "sporty" to hear the engine while your driving? and look sporty, the leg looks sporty but at the same time doesnt, and since i couldnt "punch it" i couldnt really get a feel for it being fast and fun and yes i get to drive my dads TT until im 17 and i get a car lol

[quote name='Alex1']I couldnt drive it over 4k rpm cuz it was only ast 871 miles... But the turbo didnt kick in at all even up to 4k.... [/quote] I know the turbo on my 2.5GT kicks in at 2900rpms...and shortly thereafter I find myself at 4k rpms, so unless the car you drove isn't running right, I'm not sure what you are expecting. Maybe you should try driving an STi, that might be more of what you are looking for. There aren't very many sportier sedans in the price range.

gt_ltd i would looooove either or those but my price range is MAXXX 30 k ish... m3 and s4's are nowehere near, i wish they were Plus the car hasta be new :-/ not used I also didnt punch the car im sure if i had it would have reacted faster and better It was my first time test driving a car and the clutch was so much diffrent i was nervous, so i drove it calmly When i go back for another one ill punch it and figure out if it has the guts im looking for... ALSO.... IF I WANTED MORE HORSEPOWER ARE THERE AFTERMARKET, RELATIVLY CHEAP UPGRADES I COULD BUY?? what is an up/down pipe? thanks everyone -alex

Mine has over 5000 miles on it. The exhaust began to get louder about 4000 miles. I have learned how to launch the car. It will spin the tires in 1st after you slip the clutch at about 3500rpm, once the car rolls about three feet dump the clutch and roll on the throttle. The tires spin a bit and you will be pushed back into the seat. Don't worry about the clutch, this is the best clutch out of the three LGT's I've owned. The brakes are great. Don't worry about taking the demo ride over 4000rpm. I can almost garranty you it's seen more then that. I test drove 4 LGT's before I bought mine. The highest mileage on any of them was 21 when I got in it. I know all four of them saw more then 4000rpm. I need to ask why a 17y/o would want this car. What about a RSX or Mustang.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

good question Max.... I live in New England (Mass) so i have crappy winters ect... lots of bad weather so i need an AWD car... the mustands are RWD ..well you know that I am also considering a SUV possibly i dont know there are to many choices but i thought that this wasa good sedan if i were to get a sedan AWD, more horsepower then the A4 -alex

I think you need to do a little more research on what this car is about and what exactly you want in a car. The Legacy GT is not a sports car, but instead a gran tourer. I think the Audi TT is more toward the sports car end of things than the Legacy GT. 17 and you can get a $30k car? Must be nice...

If you want a more choppy ride, a tight clutch would do just that. Of course your shifting will be quicker, though I personally like a semi-deep clutch to provide that smooth ride, and my passengers appreciate that as well. A so called "sporty" clutch isn't what most people are looking for when purchasing a legacy. If you want loud you can modify your car to sound more aggressive. This car doesnt seem to fit what you are looking for. The legacy is a refined car which is geared towards the 25 to 30 and even up to 40 somethings. I agree with the others, look at the STI. It seems your taste in cars are geared towards the rx8, 350z, wrx/sti, r32, and the EVO.

ssaldana- i agree but the WRX STI is 300 hp and i my parents think its TOO fast... so i need something in the middle, plus i need AWD so that knocks a few out, and i want 5 seats cuz i hate not having room for my friends. i still need to figure out what i want thanks for the info 0-alex

ive nevre heard of those cars and shane why would i need to learn how to drive... ive been driving for a year and something tells me my parents wouldnt let me drive the TT if i couldnt / didnt know how to drive.. i cant tell if ur being an idiot or u meant something that i dont understand -alex

[quote name='shane']Sounds to me like your parents aren't quite all there. Go buy a mazda 121 or better yet a Datsun 120y and learn to drive first.[/quote] There is some truth to shane's comments, but they were not worded too nicely. I guess what hes trying to get at is that if I were a parent, I would not want to buy my child an expensive car. If I was rich that would not be the case, although I would still steer clear from getting him/her a sports car. There are just too many accidents involving teenagers.

yeah, my grandparents are spending the money here i pay for ensurance and gas my parents are more conserned with the number of ppl ill have in my car and then how fast it goes.. the cobra would be insane but there is to much power and its not AWD... unless it is awd and i dont know about it!! GIVE ME LINK LOL

It just sounded silly to me for a parent to place a 17 year old in a brand new seriously fast car. A roughly 100kW (god know how many horsepower that is - about 80 I think) four cylinder would be a more sensible choice. One years driving experience is not very much at all. Spoilt spoilt spoilt.

I agree, 1 years is not enough. 5 years and you're decent. 7 years and you've got most of the defensive/offensive driving knowledge down. And yes, alex you are spoiled. But hey, I'd love to be spoiled with that kind of car at that age so I'm not Hatin! oh woops, I mean the mustang mach 1.

Archived