LegacyGT.com

Heated seat wiring diagram

My 99 L sdn came with cloth interior w/o heated seats. I swapped the leather interior from a 98 OB limited. I want the heated seats to work but I can't seem to find a wiring diagram for this circuit. I searched through the FSM but can only find testing for the switches not a diagram for the circuit. I have the switch assembly and all the wiring that feeds to the seats from the switches. I assume there is power input, ground, and illumination going to the switches but I don't know which wire does what. Has anyone done this swap? Or have a wiring diagram?

Don't now which fsm you have, but it's in the one's I use.

Link:http://www.main.experiencetherave.com/subaru_manual_scans/

Use the 97.

Under electrical you will find the wiring diagrams.

P4 will show the general routing and p92 (the last page) is only for the seats.

O.

I did the swap in my 97L a few years ago. I did a DIY write up at SL-i.net. If you have the under seat harness from a donor vehicle you can strip out just what you need which would be a blue power wire, lots of grounds, and a pair of wires for the illumination circuit. If your car is an auto you will need to include the AT shift indicator light as well in the connectors to harvest from the harness.

Replace the illumination wires at the connector in the passenger footwell. To keep it stock-like, there is a relay that needs to be installed under the passenger side of the dash with a pink connector. I had to run three wires from there across the car to the fuse box area for the power to the relay, and the control to energize the relay when the car is started.

The two diagrams you need are the heated seats and the lighting and illumination. You should also look for the body and floor harness locator diagrams which will help you find the right places to splice your wires.

I can swear when I had to remove the center console on my 99 LGT to replace my heater core there was two extra connectors where the heated seat switches would go. I though then hey if I ever wanted its almost all pre wired.

I pulled the switch panel w/ switches and all the wiring to the seats from the donor car. There were 4 grounds (black wires), 2 power (blue wires), and a pair for the illumination. Instead of trying to replicate the stock wiring, I added my own relay for a power source. They have been working great for almost a week now.

I'm going to temporarily hijack this thread and ask if anyone knows of any common points of failure for these heated seats? I know my driver's seat (as with most heated seats) goes about 5 minutes until I think, "OMG, HOT SEAT." Yet, not a single passenger who has ridden in the car has ever made mention of it, and when I ask them (after turning mine off) they usually reply, "I couldn't even tell it was on."

I need to just sit in the passenger seat for 10 minutes and see if it gets hot, but if it doesn't does anyone know of any common problems? I suppose I could start with seeing if the harness has come unplugged under the seat, but if that's not the case, where should I look?

Archived