LegacyGT.com

Need new motor......

So, my motor is shot, I need to replace it. Right now the car is on the transplant list!! Anyway, I have a 2005 turbo 5eat and my question is this. Can I use any 2.5 engine (ie from WRX, STI or Legacy), or does it have to be a Legacy GT engine? Tranny, exhaust, etc are all fine, and I just put a new BNR 16g turbo and Perrin TMIC on it that I will be transferring to the replacement motor, have my stage 2 map and base map, so would reflash the CPU on whatever engine I buy.

Please advise, I am driving a POS Saturn for the time being, and really, really, really, really want to get back in my Legacy.

I paid $1800 for a new EJ257, had my heads rebuilt and installed on it and now have over 4000 miles on it.

Where did you get it? Is that just the block? Does that mean that I would have to take pretty much everything off my old block and put it on the new one? I would have to have that done, as I don't have the tools, time or expertise, any idea how much that would cost? :confused:

Thanks for the input.

Where did you get it? Is that just the block? Does that mean that I would have to take pretty much everything off my old block and put it on the new one? I would have to have that done, as I don't have the tools, time or expertise, any idea how much that would cost? :confused:

Thanks for the input.

One of the vendors at top of the forum, Vendor link, fredbeans or the other dealer up there.

I got most of my parts from my local dealer who gives me the same discount.

Search for my thread "got some new stuff for engine R&R" it's got just about everything I did.

To have it done right, figure 5-6000

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived