LegacyGT.com

In search of burned out bulbs. Are they here?

Wondering if there are burned out bulbs in the following places that I've noticed are very dark at night:

- Underneath shifter (automatic) for PRND321.

- Behind PRND321 on the instrument cluster.

- Behind power window buttons on door.

- Behind the fog light switch on the dash.

- Behind the hazard lights button.

I've seen a video on how to replace bulbs for the instrument cluster. Are the bulbs for the heater controls user replaceable as well? If so, I'm going to put LED's in everything like I did one of my other cars.

Well if only some parts are dark and some aren't then it's the bulb. Bulbs light things up. If you seen a video on how to replace them why are you asking if there are bulbs there? Of coarse there is.

I only saw a video on how to replace bulbs in the cluster. Not anywhere else. Also, not every car has lights behind every switch and button. I'm asking for those who know for a FACT where bulbs are supposed to be.

I didn't come to this forum seeking help just to get rude, trollish responses. If you have specific answers to my questions in the OP, please enlight. Otherwise you're just wasting both our time. Unless your next response is something useful, this will be my last reply to you. The staff of LegacyGT forums will deal with the next rude response.

the prndl lens on the console lights up. on mine, there is just a lit square areound the prndl on the dash when you select the gear. and on the fog light switch, just an orange light when its engaged.

it would seem to me like the others would light up so you could find them at night, but then again, this is Subaru. logic doesn't always apply. mine doesn't light up, hence my subscription to this thread.

i looked last night, and the window switches and hazard switch do light up. unknown how to replace these bulbs. the orange indicators for being turned on is the only lights I have on the cruise/fog switches.

theres a guy over on the outback board that's changed all these things to LED, but I cant remember the name or thread.

Archived