LegacyGT.com

Gauging interest for 2010 Legacy springs, sway bars, coilovers and struts/shocks !!

What suspension modifications would you guys like to see? We are already working on sways, springs and shocks for the 2010. Coilover options are already there with some rear revalving efforts, so let us know and we will start focusing our efforts in those areas.

Myles Williams

Racecomp Engineering LLC.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am! PMed ya... coilovers if the price is right, if not springs that lower her about 1 to 2.5 inch.

I pm-d you back.

Note to anyone else....that these newer Legacy's have even LESS suspension travel than the previous version so lowering more than 3/4 of an inch WONT improve handling, it will only look "kool".

Myles

wait so are there coilovers already out for these cars or are you saying they're working on them?

Either way - anyway to tighten up the suspension would be awesome..that was the only thing I noticed on my 2.5gt test drive that I didn't like after hopping back into my scion tC which has a fairly tight setup..hopefully this stuff will all be released by the time I can get my leggy :cool:

wait so are there coilovers already out for these cars or are you saying they're working on them?

Either way - anyway to tighten up the suspension would be awesome..that was the only thing I noticed on my 2.5gt test drive that I didn't like after hopping back into my scion tC which has a fairly tight setup..hopefully this stuff will all be released by the time I can get my leggy :cool:

Our Tarmac 2 coilovers for the 08 Impreza fits the new Legacy !! ;)

Myles

One of next mods I am looking at for my 2010 Legacy GT is the SPT Flexible Strut Tower Brace.

I have already had installed the STI Short Throw Shifter, SPT Boost Gauge, and the Media Hub.

Are you going to offer a Strut Brace or do you feel that Legacy does not need it? I would like to see a little less body roll without loss of too much comfort.

What modifications do you recommend for improving the handling of the 2010 Legacy GT?

Thanks

Rick

One of next mods I am looking at for my 2010 Legacy GT is the SPT Flexible Strut Tower Brace.

I have already had installed the STI Short Throw Shifter, SPT Boost Gauge, and the Media Hub.

Are you going to offer a Strut Brace or do you feel that Legacy does not need it? I would like to see a little less body roll without loss of too much comfort.

What modifications do you recommend for improving the handling of the 2010 Legacy GT?

Thanks

Rick

Rick, did you find that the STI short throw made a difference? I'm considering it, but dealer sales guy was saying it made minimal difference . . . Thanks

Thanks

Rick

GTWORX( our sister company) is working on a strut/shock for the 08+ Impreza that will, by default work on this car. SOON we will reveal this and available springs that would improve handling significantly without compromising ride quality.

Sway bars also by spring 2010.

Myles

Rick, did you find that the STI short throw made a difference? I'm considering it, but dealer sales guy was saying it made minimal difference . . . Thanks

In a way the throws are not much shorter but I found them to be much crisper and more precise.

Saying that I had the throw changed even before I took possesion of the car.

Rick

The STi shifter kit has never produced much shorter throws or a stocky lever - as rick2010 said, it's mostly been about the transitions being crisper. That's a bit of a contrast to most of the aftermarket levers.

I had a Kartboy in my old RS for over eight years, and the previous owner of my GT installed a gen.1 Cobb in the car (adjustable). Next time around I may try the STi unit, for variety.

Not correct. While the OEM short shifter rod is not really shorter indeed, the throws definately are! The fulcrum point is noticeably higher. Without changing bushing the shifter cannot make shifts "crisper". The throws are indeed shorter.

Of course I have no idea how it is with the '10 cable actuated (yuck) gearbox.

i def want front and rear strut bars. i feel there is a little to much body flex

well I would have to question that since the new Legacy's chassis rigidity has been increased and since the shocks are relatively SOFT....I cant see how this can be felt. I could see how chassis SWAY and LEAN and PITCH and DIVE would be felt, but not how the "flex" can be felt .......assuming your car still has stock suspension.

Now if you had already added some VERY stiff coilovers, then yes I would expect this feedback.

STI owners complain about this but only after modding the suspension and the Impreza hatch does have alot of rear flex, where as the Legacy has alot of mid-rear chassis stiffness.

Yes I have driven the new car.

Just a thought.

Myles

Archived