LegacyGT.com

Hi new here and have a question

First off I have 91 Legacy Turbo. These DID NOT come with an intercooler and I am trying to figure out what would be the best setup. A buddy gave me his stock WRX intercooler, however it barely clears the firewall and it would be a pain to install. It would be easier and more efficient to go with a front mount, however even that would just be to much. They made a twin turbo version of my car in Japan, and it came with a top mount intercooler, however I seem to be having trouble trying to locate one. Any suggestions of where I could find one? Any suggestions for a different idea? I'm sorta on a budget (full time student)...

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g25/imprezaman/legacypics001.jpg

Hey awesome looking SS! Is it 5spd? I have a 91 sedan, had a 94 wagon, and am in the process of getting a 94SS as well. (Yes, I have a problem.)

You can work with an 06 or 07 wrx IC, they are much smaller, and will fit without any clearance issues. I'd imagine you have an older version, which can be used, but you have to relocate the coolant reservoir in order for it to fit.

You just have to plumb some new intake tubing, which isn't too bad. It may just take you a few trips to the auto parts store.

Adding to the above, the Nasioc classifieds are great.

I bought my IC on there for like $50, just look everyday, the good deals go real fast.

Just make sure you buy from someone who has feedback, or who is trusted i.e. vendor or donator.

I got scammed for a set of springs. I purchased 04 sti springs from a member, and instead I got two totally different pairs F+R, neither from an sti. :rolleyes:

Archived