LegacyGT.com

Legacy GT confessions..

I havent waxed my car for the month that I've had it.

I am 2 times the asshole in this car than in the miata.

If I could do vent to atmosphere without having ill effects on engine, I probably would.

I could work on suspensions all day long but I'm scared to death to touch the engine bay.

Every tank of gas has yielded slightly less miles than the tank previous (the gas pedal is too tempting)

I get annoyed when my gf closes the door with the window.

My cousin/roomate just got an s2000 and I'm slightly jealous. (I was cross shopping the s2k and the legacy)

That's it for me, for now..

car for sale. PM me!

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol: Nice post! Don't get hung up by the S2k. My buddy who has one barely drives it. Too loud and uncomfortable for long trips, but he doesn't want to use it for short trips. It's basically a car for sunny days and autocrossing.

Thanks, but I'd rather have a car that I can get some lumber at Home Depot with, unload, then go for a nice drive on a sunny day.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

:lol: Nice post! Don't get hung up by the S2k. My buddy who has one barely drives it. Too loud and uncomfortable for long trips, but he doesn't want to use it for short trips. It's basically a car for sunny days and autocrossing.

Thanks, but I'd rather have a car that I can get some lumber at Home Depot with, unload, then go for a nice drive on a sunny day.

Yeah but he is in San Diego...so every day is a sunny day!!!

If I have the MPG readout displayed I become obsessed with it.

I don't turn as hard as I want to, because the seat is too soft, and doesn't hold me upright.

I close the door with the window because I don't want to put fingerprints on the door (the car is black).

I hate the daytime running lights because they keep the car from looking evil.

My wife backed it into a pole and it didn't bother me, except that when driving it I didn't want other people on the road to think that I was the one that did it.

I have had it for less than three months and I already have 6,000 miles on it.

Now that I have the AVO panel filter I kind of almost want to vent to atmosphere as well. (It's just such a satisfying noise :)). Like the car is saying, Ahhhhhh, MORE!

My fast likes the windows down and doesn't get along with my girlfriend. "It's really hard to hear the sound of the engine with all that yackin!"

My car is in sore need of a complete detailing. The wax job I did not too long ago was terrible. Also, there are swirls all over the place.

I like to egg on middle lane passers. If the traffic in the left lane is 75 and I'm leaving a safe distance between myself and the car in front of me (i.e. not tailing them like everyone else) many times the person behind me assumes I am the one holding up traffic and will honk or flash their lights. Then when there's a 2 car length gap in the middle lane they'll try to get around me, and fail. I'll ever so slightly speed up so just enough so they don't have enough room.

Man, I got pissed off reading what I just wrote. I hate people.

I like to egg on middle lane passers. If the traffic in the left lane is 75 and I'm leaving a safe distance between myself and the car in front of me (i.e. not tailing them like everyone else) many times the person behind me assumes I am the one holding up traffic and will honk or flash their lights. Then when there's a 2 car length gap in the middle lane they'll try to get around me, and fail. I'll ever so slightly speed up so just enough so they don't have enough room.

So you have no problem getting rid of that "safe distance" as soon as someone tries to get in front of you?

I pass in the middle lane often. I do it fast because people like you always speed up when I do it. Left lane hoggers really piss me off.

if the other guy merges in front of him the safe distance will be gone anyway. If you're going to loose the 'safe distance' better on your own accord than some jack off who can't wait for traffic to clear and pass on the left.

if the other guy merges in front of him the safe distance will be gone anyway. If you're going to loose the 'safe distance' better on your own accord than some jack off who can't wait for traffic to clear and pass on the left.

Right... on your own accord when 80% of your concentration is focused on the car on your right. Yeah - much safer.

We may be talking about two different situations though.

If there's no advantage to passing a car on the right, then I don't do it. There's no point in going through all that effort to get one carlength ahead. It's stupid and I can agree with that.

However, if the car that the car in front of me is passing has nobody in front of it and there's room for me to go around on the right and then get back over into the middle lane I do it without hesitation (this happens more often than you think). Either pass in the left lane, or move over to the middle or right. It's not a hard concept. Most of the jackoffs that do hog the left lane around here don't ever get over until they are about 1/8th of a mile from their exit.

I have no problem with somebody passing me on the right if I am clearly oblivious, going slower than other traffic and forgetting to move over. If they pass, honk/flash then I move over.

It's when I'm in traffic and all lanes are moving at the same speed when this happens that pisses me off.

If there's no advantage to passing a car on the right then you would never have a problem with my tactic. I only speed up if the only reason they're passing on the right is to get one carlength ahead in traffic, cut me off to move back over, and slam on their brakes. It's stupid and dangerous. People who do that can DIAF.

If there's no advantage to passing a car on the right then you would never have a problem with my tactic. I only speed up if the only reason they're passing on the right is to get one carlength ahead in traffic, cut me off to move back over, and slam on their brakes. It's stupid and dangerous. People who do that can DIAF.

Then yes, I do agree.

I mistook you for the common northern Virginian driver who, even when oblivious will still speed up to prevent you from passing.

Just today there was a red Ford Ranger varying speeds between 50 and 62 MPH with nobody in front of him. Any time he was passing someone he'd slow down to about 1MPH faster than the car he was passing, and when there was a gap he'd speed up to 62. Finally there was a large gap in the middle lane, I gave him 5 seconds to get over and he didn't, so I got in the right lane to pass. Well I didn't do it as fast as I should have because before I know it we're both doing 80MPH. I got in front of him, and luckily for me he later got cut off by a much slower moving vehicle; so I didn't have to deal with him later on.

I have 22,222 miles and I haven't gone in for any of the check services.

I can't remember when it was I last rotated.

I hardly drive my car.

http://www.answers.com/main/images/aNorthEast.gifhttp://www.answers.com/main/images/cLeftTop.gifhttp://www.answers.com/main/images/cRightTop.gif

http://www.answers.com/main/images/cLeftBottom.gifhttp://www.answers.com/main/images/cRightBottom.gif

I have 22,222 miles and I haven't gone in for any of the check services.

I can't remember when it was I last rotated.

I hardly drive my car.

http://www.answers.com/main/images/aNorthEast.gifhttp://www.answers.com/main/images/cLeftTop.gifhttp://www.answers.com/main/images/cRightTop.gif

http://www.answers.com/main/images/cLeftBottom.gifhttp://www.answers.com/main/images/cRightBottom.gif

15k here :)

I havent waxed my car since I've owned it.

I am 10x the asshole in this car than any other car i've owned to date.

If I could do vent to atmosphere without having ill effects on engine, I probably would too.

I could work on electrical mods all day long but I'm scared to death to touch the fuse box.

Every tank of gas I've gotten lately has yielded HIGHER MPG due not driving like an asshole as much.

I get annoyed when my wife when she complains that I leave the car with no gas in it.

I'm thinking about getting Bi-Xenon headlamps to really piss those mother F'ers off that flash me with my H7 Retro HIDs just because.

For the most part, Impreza owners are clumsy as they are stupid when it comes to wanting to "race" on the road.

For the most part other Legacy owners are "cool" about checking your car out and honking twice when passing.

Cops seem to not even notice the Legacy platform.

Almost 2 yrs of owning the car, and I STILL get a smile on my face when driving it everyday. Most cars cannot do that.

After had said those things.... that's just an off the top list of what makes the car great.

When I first got the car 2 years ago in NY and launched it off a road. Buried up to the windows in snow and frozen creek bed goodness.

that's something i don't talk about much.:lol:

Hello salt, meet wound :spin:

Keep them coming people ;)

Hey lawl, I feel your pain. I was cross shopping a nice 2000 FRC C5 Corvette. Red. 6 speed. Decided that I needed the 4 door, and tell myself that everytime I see one drive by...

I live in Austin...so we only get like 10 less sunny days than you guys!

I have no problem with somebody passing me on the right if I am clearly oblivious, going slower than other traffic and forgetting to move over. .

Move over, mmkay? :mad:

If I have the MPG readout displayed I become obsessed with it.

I don't turn as hard as I want to, because the seat is too soft, and doesn't hold me upright.

I close the door with the window because I don't want to put fingerprints on the door (the car is black).

I hate the daytime running lights because they keep the car from looking evil.

My wife backed it into a pole and it didn't bother me, except that when driving it I didn't want other people on the road to think that I was the one that did it.

I have had it for less than three months and I already have 6,000 miles on it.

I close the door with one finger on that little rubber strip just below the window, to avoid fingerprints on paint or glass.

That said, I haven't vacuumed the inside since God knows when, and the taupe carpet is getting pretty nasty right next to the fun pedal.

I NEVER eat in the car at least. That is just gross.

I haven't yet cleaned out the winter acorns on top of my battery that were stashed there by the A-hole little mouse that ate the soundproofing on the firewall.

And yes, sometimes this car tempts me to be more of a dick when behind slower and lesser cars...

Guest JessterCPA

I almost never wash my car.

I've run out of gas twice.

I've blown the factory speakers.

I have no intention of cleaning the Cheerios out of the back seat.

Jesse

I hate when people close the door by the glass

I hate leaving fingerprints allover my black car

I hate that I wash my car and 5 seconds later its green from all the damn pollen

I hate that I don't having steering wheel buttons to change volume and stations

I hate the fact that I've had this car a little over a month and I'm already at 25XX miles...

-I love my car as much as some family.

-I Really thought about Really killing the drunk who hit Zed

-I purposely try to get my wife sick when I drive so she wont want to drive.

-I know exactly every nick, scrape, and scratch on the car, but I'm not sure what color my wife eyes are.

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

Apparantly what I consider 'dirty' is considered 'very clean' by others standards.

I yell at people all the time for slamming my doors.

I always park in the middle of nowhere so I don't get doored.

Keep the shoes off the leather or I'm gonna have to kill you.

Oil changes every 3k...hard driving or not.

I like to mess with Mustang owners and their annoying open-Flomasters and ridiculous and constant engine revving...*yawn*...take your time, I'll be waiting for you...

Since I bought this car, I've often considered taking that somewhere over riding the motorcycle......I'm at 50/50...which isn't good for the bike's sake.

i hate the fact that when i drop a gear in my lgt to get a little more power to pass and blast from 65 to 80 my wife screams and yells but when shes driving my charger r/t she willll slamm that gas and blast to like 90 and not make a sound.

History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid

People sleep peacefully at night cause rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf

i hate the fact that when i drop a gear in my lgt to get a little more power to pass and blast from 65 to 80 my wife screams and yells but when shes driving my charger r/t she willll slamm that gas and blast to like 90 and not make a sound.

If you want to solve that problem once and for all I can give you the name of my lawyer. Won't be cheap tho!:mad:

Archived