LegacyGT.com

quick question about wide rim/tire combo :)

Instanced

As the title states,

Looking at 275/35/R18 on 18X10 +30 rims... paticularily rota grids... I LOVE fat/wide tires... and I LOVE the look of the Rota Grids... I know 10" is excessive... Do they even fit under legacy's? should I plan on fender rolling?

Does anyone run 275's on their car? pictures?

I might be mistaken but I think the largest tire some one has put on a legacy is a 255 or a 265. Your going to have to roll the fenders and maybe a slight pull to fit anything large.

Though it might not be helpful, I run a 235 on a 17x8 +48 and my setup is close to my fenders as is. Though yesterday I did some how catch the fender lip and pulled it down, time to roll my fenders.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

From the FAQ sticked thing: 275/30/18 (tallest tire you can mount without fender clearing issues on a 2" lowered car if you get the right offset)

My car isn't lowered at all... I'd like to lower it but only about an inch... and 275/35 = closest to factory tire size... in height not width obviously... So basically the rim/tire with that little offset won't clear my shocks or my fenders? .I would think it would clear my strut/spring ok, it's the fenders i'm more worried about... I guess i could always go skinnier :(...

you can do a 285/30/18, but....and thats a big but, you cannot lower your car too much. at this width, unless you do some serious modification to the fenders, the tire will stick out past them. this means that you have to make sure your fender does not bottom out on the tire. to do this, you need to have some ride height clearance and have stiff enough springs to keep the fender off the tire. you will need coilovers with custom super stiff spring rates and the ride will be very stiff.

anything bigger than 245 or 255 is not very streetable since you need what essentially is racing suspension to make a 275 or 285 fit well.

I think if you stretch a 245/35/18 across a 10" rim it will look wide enough for you.

This sounds like it's going to be a huge pain to figure out... maybe i'll stick with 9.5's with 255's... that should work... less headaches with them too from the sounds of it... I'm looking to buy the rims/tires and just toss them on the car and be good to go... don't want to play with suspension yet (though I should probably upgrade those first)...

I don't want to do that. :(

I want these rims: http://www.wheeldude.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=5738&osCsid=3cb75c7df24645e6e1345b6ca0f70145

Riding on stock suspension, stock height

Since you have a spec.B those rims will be:

Offset: ET48 - ET38 = 10mm

Width: 9.5" - 7" = 2.5" * 25.4 = 63.5mm / 2 = 31.75mm

Total: 41.75mm or about 1 5/8" closer to the fender than the stock rims.

And that's just the rim, not counting any increases in tire width. They won't fit without fender or suspension mods. A simple fender roll might work if the tires aren't insanely huge.

Since you have a spec.B those rims will be:

Offset: ET48 - ET38 = 10mm

Width: 9.5" - 7" = 2.5" * 25.4 = 63.5mm / 2 = 31.75mm

Total: 41.75mm or about 1 5/8" closer to the fender than the stock rims.

And that's just the rim, not counting any increases in tire width. They won't fit without fender or suspension mods. A simple fender roll might work if the tires aren't insanely huge.

Spec B rims are ET55 I thought? (I have 18"... not sure if the offsets were different with the 17's) and I think you are off a bit...

From the center of the rim, you have an ET55 and ET38, therefore you're bringing the rim 17mm closer towards the hub... now take the rim widths... 7" and 9.5" which is 2.5" diff, divide that by 2, since half is on one side of the rim center and the other amount is equally on the other side... so that's 1.25in and that amount it increased towards the fender... which equals about 31mm, subtract the 17mm from that and you're left with roughly 1/2 inch closer to the fender... going the other way is a different story, because i'll be adding the 17mm to the 1.25in which brings it in significantly more... does that make sense? it did in my head... and I could be completely wrong.

Archived