LegacyGT.com

Front End Links - Recommendations?

twisted

So my front left endlink is busted and it seems like this is something easy for me to tackle myself with all my mechanical n00b glory.

I just wanna get upgraded end links and no change in swaybar.

Any recommendations on type, brand, why and where to buy from?

Thx

My Perrins are crap. They started making noise in about two weeks. You have to buy extra washers to get them to align properly, and if your car is lowered they will hit the bearing frame no matter what. If you over tighten them (in an attempt to stop the noise) the lock washers separate. I will be looking to replace mine with something different in the near future.

-1 for the perrin NON-Adustable front end links. the Perrin rears are perfect.

I run the Cobb Stage 2 sway in the front on my 08, which is made for 05+, problem is, the 08+ are about 2" wider in the front, so the end links are always tilted in at max angle.

Plus the rattle side to side, as in, not like they move, but you can twist it laterally and it makes a "penny in a coffee can" sound.

-1 for the perrin NON-Adustable front end links. the Perrin rears are perfect.

I run the Cobb Stage 2 sway in the front on my 08, which is made for 05+, problem is, the 08+ are about 2" wider in the front, so the end links are always tilted in at max angle.

Plus the rattle side to side, as in, not like they move, but you can twist it laterally and it makes a "penny in a coffee can" sound.

Are you sure you didn't get sent sways or links for maybe an OB XT or a WRX or something? I would think they wouldn't even bolt in place if they were incorrect.

I have no problems with my Cobb sways. Had them on my 08 LGT for 20000 miles and now they are on my 08 Spec B. They are a perfect fit and I have had them side by side with the OEM's, they are the same shape and length.

how are the cusco endlinks compared to stock and compared to kartboys ?

The Cusco look like the older AVO's I use to have. They kept breaking on me and had AVO swap them out twice before I gave up on them and purchased the Perrins. I honestly have not heard any weird noises from my Perrins but maybe that is because my car is very loud to begin with:)

My Perrins make so much noise that my ECU mistakes the clunk for knock. Yeah, you heard it, ECU detects knock events when I go over speed bumps and clank my front endlinks. Verified this with Infamous1 (Shamar),I even took him for a ride so he could hear it. Unfrigginbelievable crap! You can't make this kind of stuff up, real life is way better than stories.

My Perrins make so much noise that my ECU mistakes the clunk for knock. Yeah, you heard it, ECU detects knock events when I go over speed bumps and clank my front endlinks. Verified this with Infamous1 (Shamar),I even took him for a ride so he could hear it. Unfrigginbelievable crap! You can't make this kind of stuff up, real life is way better than stories.

What kind of FSB do you have? I have a Whiteline adjustable FSB so maybe that is why the Perrin end links on my car don't make noise?

Cobb bars front and rear with whiteline bushings. I have spent many hours investigating the endlink issues. It is the endlinks. They would be fine on a stock height car, but lowered they are useless, even with the link perpendicular to the ground the wheel travels father than the link causing the link to "bottom out". Also, the lock washer they use between the bearing and the spacer becomes mishapen over time and gives the bearing "play". Poor design.

Archived