LegacyGT.com

My car sounds strange when I start after being parked for a while

Hello, I wanted to check if anyone knows why my legacy, after a few days without using, starts but the engine is heard with something in the ignition was wrong. After a minute or less it normalizes. I do not know what it could be :spin:

Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
Finally I could not record it. I think the coil is failing. In idle it's a bit unstable and when I'm accelerating, you can feel the engine pulls more when it reaches 2000 rpm as if you injected nitro jajaja

My vote is it could be a stuck injector based on your symptoms.

i forget to mention that check engine sometimes read the oxigen sensor code but the sensor is new. that's the reason that i think may be it's the ignition coil. the maf, spark plugs and the oxigen sensor are new too.

It's really hard to figure it out without a video or experiencing it in person but it could be a "dry start" as in, the oil you're using isn't adequate, or it's not flowing like it should, or the oil is low. The result of which is lack of lubrication until the oil pump can start moving fluid. But this would only affect start up, not really something you'd notice once the engine is running.

O2 sensor code can still pop even if the sensor is new. It doesn't necessarily mean that the O2 sensor is defective, it means the condition the sensor detected is still present.

Reasons for O2 sensor code include: dirty injectors, vacuum leak, injector seal leaks, exhaust leaks, dirty fuel filter, dirty MAF sensor, worn plugs, inefficient EGR system, clogged PCV valve, etc.

Coil, on the other hand, is a completely different failure than you're describing. If your coil is going bad, you're going to have a cylinder misfire situation and the car will run like shit to where the whole engine shakes at all RPMs. A coil is not cheap. Check the simplest things first.

Get yourself a can of carb cleaner and start the car. Spray it in areas known to fail for gaskets, seals, and vacuum lines. This is normally around the intake manifold gasket, fuel injectors, throttle body, and any vacuum line that connects to the intake. If the car changes in RPM (either bogging or rapid acceleration) you have found your leak. Fix as necessary.

The truth is that I take care a lot my car and I have changed many components to prevent potential failures, I have the service manual so I strictly follow this. I think it could be the coil or the injectors like he say setnev. I hope to change the coil soon and clean the inyectors. I think both or one of them it's the reason of the oxigen sensor code. all reasons that you said setnev i checked, only I passed the inyectors and ignition coil and like you say, i think that the engine it shake a little on idle. maybe the ignition coils is'nt totally bad. i don't have osciloscope to check on live the spark.

it doesn't really run rough even smoothly but accelerates with relatively weakness until it reaches 2000 rpm, after that it behaves more agile and pulls agresive with the same gas. the aceleration is more faster after reaches 2000 rpm.

I don't think so, I know the noise of the lifters. on cold mornings they sound a few seconds but as someone said above, I think it could be dirty injectors. i will try to clean it this weekend I hope.

• 2 months later...
Today, on the way, starting at the traffic light, I could record a video with the flaw. I share with you the video link. All the video i hold the same position on the gas pedal. The airbag light is on because by while it's unplugged.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dsya5lP-GEA

It´s auto or manual? I think the tps position sensor it´s bad, or the gearbox maybe? the car moves, but slow, and the engine accelerates. Also, why the engine temperature it´s kind of low?

-----

Te cagó el auto wn, si la caja es automática me tinca que por allá va el problema, porque el motor sí acelera algo pero tiene cero fuerza. Sino el sensor de posición de la mariposa. Igual dale una limpieza al sensor de posición del cigueñal y de las válvulas, con tanto km puede que tenga una buena costra encima que haga creer al auto que gira a pocas rpm. Ah, y para el video estaba partiendo recien? porque la T está bajo la de trabajo

• 3 months later...

Archived