LegacyGT.com

NEW Nav firmware update 11-21-16 for 15 and 16 Legacy

Any charger recommendations?

Some chargers, like a few CTEK models, include a "power supply" mode specifically for this kind of use. In practice, just about any inexpensive off-the-shelf power supply rated for 7 amps at 12 to 13 volts should work just fine.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Hello Jdog81. I am send pm.

I have Europan Subaru forester 2017 non—nav 7” head unit. My software version pe9408 unit model on dash ff988lm

Can you check any software update. please send link or file.

Power vcl 66.0205

Backup DB pe9408

VCL_para 07.45

Power 02.1026

CAN no information

Power boot 02.1117

Mail:Metin.celik@lodos.gd.

One of the Forum Members was good enough to send me the software files, thanks Matt!

However, after recognising the USB (2GB), in the update screen, my headunit fails to recognise or see the software on the USB - and I get stalled in rhe program update screen.

Before connecting USB to car, I unzipped the app, installed on freshly formatted FAT32 USB <4GB...

What part of the instructions have I missed?

OR is my 2015 head unit too many updates behind to recognise this much newer version?

Can it be installed via SD CARD?

Thank is in advance for any help...

:S

Edited by PaulDubNZ
Grammar etc

One of the Forum Members was good enough to send me the software files, thanks Matt!

However, after recognising the USB (2GB), in the update screen, my headunit fails to recognise or see the software on the USB - and I get stalled in rhe program update screen.

Before connecting USB to car, I unzipped the app, installed on freshly formatted FAT32 USB <4GB...

What part of the instructions have I missed?

OR is my 2015 head unit too many updates behind to recognise this much newer version?

Can it be installed via SD CARD?

Thank is in advance for any help...

:S

After you extract the zip file that you received to you computer, you need to run that zip file looking thing again for that to install itself on the USB. If you just extract it to USB or copy it, it won't work. It happened to me the first time I had tried updating.

If that is not your issue, then I'm not sure.

I read TSB 15-205-16, for my legacy 2016 car screen just shows NU, but TSB has NU and OU ...

If you're planning to do this yourself, read the TSB again ... carefully. Details matter. There are different files for NAV-equipped and non-NAV head units.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Does anyone still have NU9309 exec files for my legacy 2016? Please contact me via private msg here. Thanks a lot in advance!

I have both NU9309 and NU9311. Why do you want NU9309 if there is at least NU9311 already and maybe even later versions already were released? I got NU9311 from Jdog81 here. Maybe he already has an even later version.

Edited by styrum

I have both NU9309 and NU9311. Why do you want NU9309 if there is at least NU9311 already and maybe even later versions already were released? I got NU9311 from Jdog81 here. Maybe he already has an even later version.

My 2016 Legacy has NU9305 currently and mirrorlink does not work, I am trying to make mirrorlink work, according to TSB 15-205-16, it says I need NU9309, does your NU9311 work for mirrorlink? If so, I think I would try to install it, as my car is out of warranty, I try to do it by yourself. I msg my email address. Thanks a lot!

I don't have any device with Mirrorlink, but I would still go for the latest. Too bad we can't post any links right here. PM me your email and I will send you one to a Google Drive folder where I put all the ones I have so far. Or even better: ask jdog81. Maybe he has an even newer one.

My 2016 Legacy has NU9305 currently and mirrorlink does not work, I am trying to make mirrorlink work, according to TSB 15-205-16, it says I need NU9309, does your NU9311 work for mirrorlink? If so, I think I would try to install it, as my car is out of warranty, I try to do it by yourself. I msg my email address. Thanks a lot!

Most likely it still will not work by your expectations. There are YouTube videos with some hack/ mods you could watch and try if you are a little ambitious and technical enough. MirrorLink in my opinion is not worth the effort.

Laughing at oneself and with others is good for the Soul![emoji2]

Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

Mirrorlink only works with certain phones.

Just can get the latest version on my head unit.

Recognises USB, have unzipped only 1 version on it (with kwi file extension)...No joy.

Is it because my head unit only has OG version (very old software) that can't be updated all the way up to current in one hit?