LegacyGT.com

crush washers

You can also get the correct washers at Advanced Auto Parts or Autozone.

I think you have to buy the plug and washer for about $3.00. I bought one last year.

They last a long time.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

How do those Fumoto valves hold up on a Subaru Legacy? It looks like it might be worth getting.

Quite well. Haven't had any issues with it after 2 oil changes. I've had one on my Jeep Wrangler that get beat to hell off road for over 40,000 miles with zero issues.

If it can hold up to this:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i274/strizzy123/Badlands%203-14-09/TJoTM/th_TJoTM_3.jpg,

I'm pretty sure it will do just fine on a Subaru :D

How do those Fumoto valves hold up on a Subaru Legacy? It looks like it might be worth getting.

Definitely worth getting if you change your own oil. I love mine and have had no issues. It takes 15 minutes to change my oil, and I can do it with no oil on my hands except for the little bit to lube the filter before putting it on.

I haven't heard of anyone with issues with them yet, but try searching around the forums.

It's cool; I'm with the band

The idea of a "crush" washer is that you use it one time, and replace it each time you remove and put back the drain plug.

I have replaced mine one time in 129,000 miles. That's 23 times on the orginal I just counted in my little book. I'm at 30 oil changes now.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Obviously OP wants oil filter crush washers. Try driving by the dealer and asking at the parts department. They will give them to you or give you a few for a dollar is my guess.

Didn't know such a thing existed... oil plug crush washers though... Any M20 (20mm) copper crush washer will do fine.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

+1 on the Fumoto valve. I installed the version with a nipple and routed the tube through my GTSpec under tray. Clean and easy for an oil change now- worth the $25 and three minutes to install IMO.

does anyone know a link where i can order the crush washers? i see them come with the oil filters but i want to buy them seperate.

Also, I have a bunch from when I buy my filters from the dealer. PM me and I'll send them to you for the cost of postage.

I think you have to buy the plug and washer for about $3.00. I bought one last year.

They last a long time.

I just confirmed yesterday, because I needed to get some, that AAP has M20 crush washer 2-packs for a little over $1.

I only change my oil once a year so a Fumoto valve is a waste of money IMHO.

Its more about convenience more than it is about saving a few bucks on crush washers.

It takes me 15 minutes to change the oil, from rolling up on the ramps to rolling it back off. I don't get any oil on my hands (with the exception of my finger which is use to lube the filter before putting it on). There's no messy transfer from the drain pan to the bottle since there's a nipple to attach a hose to.

I put the price of those conveniences at more than $25, but that's just my opinion.

It's cool; I'm with the band

• 2 weeks later...
This is much better than crush washers: http://www.quickoildrainvalve.com/

Since my question is about both the Fumoto valve and the washer I guess this is a good thread to tag onto. I have a brand new Subaru crush washer and my new Fumoto valve has a fibre washer that comes with it. Should I just use what came on the valve or replace it with the Subaru part?

My leaning was to use the Fumoto washer so thanks to you and ClimberD for the experienced confirmation.

It comes with a torque specification IIRC, or directions on how tight to twist it on. I think I went a little overboard in this department, yet no problems from summer to winter to summer again.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

• 3 months later...
It takes me 15 minutes to change the oil, from rolling up on the ramps to rolling it back off. I don't get any oil on my hands (with the exception of my finger which is use to lube the filter before putting it on). There's no messy transfer from the drain pan to the bottle since there's a nipple to attach a hose to. I put the price of those conveniences at more than $25, but that's just my opinion.

+111 Fumoto valve is a high quality item and the convenience (and peace of mind not having Jerry-loob techs under your car) makes it well worth the 25 clams. I had one on my former WRX and looked forward to oil changes. Have on on my Spec b now...and the nipple feature is udderly fantastic.

Archived