LegacyGT.com

Cost to shave spoiler?

Code

does anybody have a ballpark on what it would cost to have the spoiler removed, holes fillied, and trunk refinished? I really want to lose mine but it is a near impossible trunk-swap to accomplish. Color is SWP if thats relevant at all.....
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

i swapped my spoiler less OBP trunk for one with. was only 4 bolts and trunk release cable. took 15min. as for cost just ask a body shop.

History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid

People sleep peacefully at night cause rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf

ya i figured it'd come down to buying/painting one.

Physically a trunk swap is easy...its finding somebody who is wingless that wants a spoiler...especially somebody who is SWP...in or around western PA...

I'm not sure buying a whole new one and having it painted is the answer.

A new lid is 360.00

Painting it would cost at least 200.00, likely more as it's pearl paint.

So you are in to it for at least 560.00... I think a body shop could fill the holes and paint it for cheaper than 560.00... and you can always sell the spoiler used on this site... maybe for 100.00 bucks that would go straight in to recouping some of the investment.

Take it to a shop and get a quote. I'm just bench racing here... we really don't know until a body shop tells you, or somebody can chime in with actual costs from a job that they did.

You could try going to a salvage yard and looking for a lid that's in fairly good condition. Any SWP lid from 05-07 will fit. If you go with this, make sure you examine all the edges for chips and whatnot.

I used http://car-part.com/ to search, you want to find one that has a damage code of "000" and a part grade of "A 0". Good luck!

well, I was recently rear ended and need to get a new trunk lid since the original one was bent ever so slightly. It may have cost the shop 4 or 5 hours of labor to straighten it out making it more cost and time efficient just to buy a new one.

I think that it would take the body shop a lot of time to first strip the paint off of the trunk lid, weld the holes shut (bondo alone would probably crack with time), sand the welded holes smooth, primer, then finally paint.

starting with a lid that has no holes it is just a primer paint process with no extra labor in stripping the original paint, welding the holes and sanding them.

I just have a feeling that it would either come out the same or cheaper to get a trunk lid that has no holes and to paint it rather than trying to fill in the holes in the original one.

It really depends on where you are, I've noticed body shop prices really vary from city to city. I paid $200 to have a spoiler and badges removed and filled on a Civic trunk a while back but I'm sure it could cost quite a bit more elsewhere. Best bet is to just call around.

i'm going to my guy on tuesday to get a quote on a few other things that I need painted so we'll all find out then.

Archived