LegacyGT.com

OEM splash guards

jeepthrills

I picked up a set of 4 OE's for my wagon... IMO I didnt need quite the protection the RA's deliver. Install is easy, and they add more protection than without.. I like them. Also, I have not painted mine...yet... I am interested in opinions on painted ones too, as Im not quite sure how well the plastic would hold paint...but I guess that depends on the prep job.
Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? -George Carlin

I like the OEM's, they definitely help keep the dirt down. I considered getting mine body colored, but decided against it. I searched for folks that had their painted and paid particular attention to all cars on the road for the color matched units vs black. Turns out, the black versions are a lot less noticeable than the body colored versions (see pics). I personally hate the 'tacked on' look of most aftermarked ground effects and the body colored units had that feel to them. YMMV.

1736719867_Exterior-Mudflaps_Front_Rearview.thumb.jpg.ce376e8065efe51e78e5bf2be94a870a.jpg

1965274752_Exterior-Mudflaps_Rear34view.jpg.1d528e314f31280769ad8eb16e16b022.jpg

2076996104_Exterior-Mudflaps_Rear_Rearview.thumb.jpg.b3de3b2ce78fee0eb7c339c42088e182.jpg

I got them on mine, I found a 99% match paint off the shelf to the 06 BSP and painted them. It lasted 2+ years, at least till I drove to and round Seattle in the 6+ inches of snow and what not. Now that i am back in CA, I have 2 painted and 1 slightly chipped paint, and 1 almost compleatly black again. I could of had it painted professionally, but that was about $100, and they said it would probally do exactly what happened. I spent $20 on the spray paint, and called it good.

BTW, the paint is high Temp BBQ silver spray I got at ACE hardware.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

I started out w/ the OEM ones...

Not enough for wide fitment summer tires, or keeping cleaner in the winter...

I thought the Rally Armor looked bad on their own...

So, now I have both :lol:

I am thinking about getting the stockers painted ;)

:spin:

Archived