LegacyGT.com

2008 Legacy and Outback Prices

Jon in CT

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

spec.B's should still have navigation.

And the pricing of the spec.B is the same as the current one.

Interesting that their "top-of-the-line" 3.0R is cheaper than the spec.B. I guess it should be,seeing that it has less enhancements.

-ben

Riddle me this:

Why does the XT MT get VDC and the GT MT doesn't? :confused: It's a $300 option, why delete it from the GT? Is this a good thing or a bad thing? :iam:

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Riddle me this:

Why does the XT MT get VDC and the GT MT doesn't? :confused: It's a $300 option, why delete it from the GT? Is this a good thing or a bad thing? :iam:

Because Subaru is retared.

And I might pay $32k for a Spec. B. Not $34. What a joke. For 34k I could get a TL.

Because Subaru is retared.

And I might pay $32k for a Spec. B. Not $34. What a joke. For 34k I could get a TL.

TL's are nice but I was just thinking on the way home how glad I am that I didn't get a TL cause I see at least 10 of them every day.

Doesn't the 3.0R seem underpriced? Other than the 6spd, what doesn't it have that the spec B has?

TL's are nice but I was just thinking on the way home how glad I am that I didn't get a TL cause I see at least 10 of them every day.

Oh I agree with you. I would never buy an Acura, other than the TSX. And that would need AWD and a turbo for my liking. And still I would prolly lease it, not buy.

The 3.0R Legacy is interestingly priced: are we to assume that it will have a similar performance to the outback 3.0R, and so what do you guys think are the plusses and minuses of that compared to the 2.5 turbo GT?

I agree with the puzzlement over GT Spec B vs 3.0R Limited.

The 3.0R Limited has everything that the spec B has.

18" wheels. Check

Bilstein struts. Check

NAV. Check...maybe. The Spec B might not... which is not better, but worse... why delete a 2k$ option, and NOT drop the overly high price???

Fully loaded, leather etc... check.

More than one paint color.... probably not for the Spec B.

The 3.0R has the 5EAT-sport shift with VDC. Spec B has the 6MT with VDC. Automatics typically cost MORE than manual transmissions.

So why is the Spec B 2700$ more??? (even a couple of hundred more than the Outback LLBean VDC/NAV top end... why? simply to claim the title of most expensive, with the least configurability?)

SOA. Crazy flippin people. :shakes head in continued disbelief of such beetleheadedness:

The Spec B would sell better if painted in all the Legacy's 5 whole freakin' colors, and priced just above 31k. That would have solved most people's issues with the Spec B, including most of mine!

I might have actually tried to reach for a blue/black&blue 07 Spec B with a 6MT, fold down seats, and an MP3 input if it were priced like that. I might still be saving for it, and trying to find it on a subaru lot, though...

I am not really quibbling about the price of the 3.0R limited. Seems about right.

What is to say they can't offer the Spec B at, or near that price, as well?

Why not have the spec B at 31k, and the GT Limited at 26-27k?

The decisions that SOA has made for the Spec B are odd ones.

I'm really annoyed that the LGT 5MT has no VDC.

May I ask why?

I love that my 05 LGT has no computer controlled dynamic control system. I love how I, the driver, has 100% control over the car; not some computer system.

Simplicity is bliss-

enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

Archived