LegacyGT.com

rota wheels

My buddy wants to buy these Rota wheels for his legacy gt. Are these the defective rotas that crack or are unsafe. He is concerned because he has kids. Please give me input good or bad.

IMG950486.thumb.jpg.54f6405a5d5c1b51cee3592b1cfc41b1.jpg

If he's concerned, he should just stay with the stock wheels and paint them black with a red lip. The money spent on rims can go towards...I don't know...THINGS FOR HIS KIDS?!?!?

His priority is obviously with keeping his kids safe in the inevitable event that he time-attacks his car into a curb, not with ensuring that they are fed/clothed/sheltered. :rolleyes: Pay attention!

Rotas are fine. Look ok and super cheap so good bang for the buck wheels. The real deals of course look much better and are usually stronger and much lighter.

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

Moddiction Stainless steel and Titanium shift knobs.

Drivetrain, suspension, brakes, exhaust, cooling, fuel, gauges+MUCH more!

These were my Rotas.

http://www.strizzyphoto.com/photos/i-j9L4zMd/0/XL/i-j9L4zMd-XL.jpg

That happened after being run off the road and slamming a curb at 40ish MPH.

The way I see it, the wheel did its job and absorbed the impact, rather than transfer it to the rest of the car/suspension. My alignment was unchanged after the incident, and nothing was broken.

The internet can imprint a lot of things into peoples minds.

Rota, Volk, ADR, XXR, BBS, Axis, Works, Advans, Enkeis and so on are just brand wheels. They all will crack and bend if you hit them hard enough on a curb or pot hole.

wheels are wheels. Its what you want to pay for them. Not everyone can afford the real deal. Imitation to some people works for them for what they want to use it for.

Don't get discourage from other members stating that certain wheels are crap simply because they read it on another forum. If you search, you can find that forged wheels will crack and bend just like the low grade wheels. Although forged wheels will most likely bend before cracking.

Archived