LegacyGT.com

Bosch Clear Advantage Beam Wiper Blades

stanjk3

Has anyone tried them? They're pretty cheap for a beam blade, currently $12 for 24" and $10.50 for 18". Most ratings on Amazon are 4 or 5 stars.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-24-CA-Clear-Advantage-Wiper/dp/B007TG7HV8/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1381903130&sr=1-1&keywords=Bosch+Beam+Wiper+Blade]Bosch 24-CA Clear Advantage Beam Wiper Blade - 24" : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]

Currently have Valeo Ultimate beam blades, but the rubber is starting to fall apart. They've held up pretty well and are around 1.5-2 years old. On both sets I've had they started to streak a little bit after only ~3 months, but they still get the job done. Looking to try something different.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

I just ordered these for my Honda and the Subaru. So far work pretty well tho I've only used them a few times. Also I ordered from Rockauto.com and they were about half the price then amazon.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

There's a code for 5% off your order at Rock Auto on Slickdeals.

http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/104502/rockauto---trico-windshield-wiper-blades-various-sizes-from?page=10#comments

They also have Aquapel on sale.

My order was $34 (including shipping) for all 3 wipers and 2 bottles of Aquapel. You could easily pay more than that in any auto parts store for just 2 wipers. AZ and Advance Auto are both 30-40mins away. Only time I go there is when one of them has Mobil 1 0w-40 on sale.

another good one is the michelin beam wipers. i have been finding them cheap at costco...

I haven't tried them, don't have a Costco membership :(

BJ's only carries Peak blades. They are good for 1-2 months until they start skipping and/or making noise. Never had that problem with Valeo beam blades.

Wow, Rock Auto is cheap! Almost to the point of wondering if their site is a scam.

~$11 for both wipers. Guess I'll order some this weekend and find out.

Ive ordered a lot of stuff from rock auto over the years. Deff not a scam lol

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

bosch icons are awesome stuff...autozone has buy at least 2 and get up to 10 bux off

Icons are the way to go, 2nd winter coming up on mine, awesome blades.

Rockauto.com is not a scam, great prices. Autozone will match the price including shipping if you can't wait!!

Icons are the way to go, 2nd winter coming up on mine, awesome blades.

Rockauto.com is not a scam, great prices. Autozone will match the price including shipping if you can't wait!!

I agree - although even though the price is somewhat steep I find myself changing them out annually:cool:

I've read mixed reviews on the Icons. Guess they work great on some cars, but not so well on others.

Didn't see much difference between the Evolution and Clear Advantage, so I bought the cheaper ones.

• 9 months later...

Update: Tried cleaning the blades but they are still streaking, time to buy some new ones. 9 months isn't too bad for $5 wiper blades. They aren't falling apart yet, could probably get a full year out of them.

Has anyone tried the Valeo Gen 2 blades? Their website says they "compliment" the 900-series (Ultimate) blades, whatever that means. $16 for a set vs ~$16 for 1 wiper.

http://www.valeoserviceusa.com/products/wiper-systems/gen2

Been wanting to try EnduroShield rain repellent but it's never in stock (in their US store). Aquapel is only $3.79 each at Rock Auto.

Archived