LegacyGT.com

Sad and happy time

So I'm ss to say I'm saying goodbye to my 07 lgt with 160k due to ring land failure and some other things I just can't afford to fix on a car with that many miles but the bright side is I'm sticking with 4th gen legacys and am getting a 06 2.5i with only 67k

what should I do to give the 2.5i a little more pep?

Use that money to fix the GT.

Did you think you'd get a different answer...

Come on, you need to get with the group...those of us that have paid for our GT twice...I'm working on a 3rd time.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I'm guessing ou can do suspension work and upgrade the brake pads. I don'tthink there's much else.

I drive past white 2.5i everyday, it has black oem wheels and is lowered with blacked out everything that can be. looks pretty good.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Dam is it really that bad hahaha

It's just... not good. I would just be very disappointed going from an LGT to a 2.5i. And the knowledge that no (reasonable) amount of money would allow me to regain previous power levels would leave me feeling pretty hopeless.

All is not lost. You have a car. It could be worse, I guess.

Tits mcgee

Will an lgt aftermarket cbe fit on it

I'm thinking yes. That white one has an exhaust. Check the opposedforces.com site and see what the differences are.

Lemme check your logic, see if I understand:

Won't pay to fix LGT (new motor, etc)

. . But still wants to drop money into car that won't go any faster?

:confused:

Where's that Big Lebowski meme when you need it?

Not looking to put big money into this for power just small things like an exhaust and a new sound system

• I Donated Too

I am so confused... I don't... what?

I have a GT and a 2.5i as a 'daily driver' - more about the commute just kills the GT but the 2.5i is MISERABLE for performance and the only way I cope is knowing I can get back in the GT later when the traffic eases up. If you're thinking about trying to offset the performance even a little bit with this and that... just fix the GT and be happier.

I am so confused... I don't... what?

I have a GT and a 2.5i as a 'daily driver' - more about the commute just kills the GT but the 2.5i is MISERABLE for performance and the only way I cope is knowing I can get back in the GT later when the traffic eases up. If you're thinking about trying to offset the performance even a little bit with this and that... just fix the GT and be happier.

Not trying to offset just give the 2.5i a lil character and will be looking next year to get a second car that has power but right now I can only have the one does that make any more sense

P.s sorry if I'm confusing this all sounds better in my head lol

P.s sorry if I'm confusing this all sounds better in my head lol

I'm sure it does, but, you should listen to us: There's nothing you can do to make your 2.5i faster, better, or. . really, anything. It has EL headers, for one, so, if you're looking for Dat Rumble Tho, you won't find it.

You want a fun car, fix the GT. Otherwise, you're just wasting your money.

• 2 months later...

The "downgrade" is unfortunate, but I can see where OP is coming from. Having a car with less headaches and better mpg has its benefits too. Time is valuable and to not have to spend a lot of it maintaining a car is appealing. I'll be in the same boat is anything major goes on mine. Working on cars is a hobby but if it takes up too much time/money than it just turns into a chore.

Would be curious to see the numbers... how much the 2.5i cost, how much he got for the LGT needing motor work and how much he was quoted for repairs.

The "downgrade" is unfortunate, but I can see where OP is coming from. Having a car with less headaches and better mpg has its benefits too. Time is valuable and to not have to spend a lot of it maintaining a car is appealing. I'll be in the same boat is anything major goes on mine. Working on cars is a hobby but if it takes up too much time/money than it just turns into a chore.

Would be curious to see the numbers... how much the 2.5i cost, how much he got for the LGT needing motor work and how much he was quoted for repairs.

Note all my prices are wholesale not retailThe lgt when I bought it was 7000 plus right away I did battery water pump timing belt pluses changed 2 coils brakes and rotors all the way around and a new set of tires witch put me at about 8k then one thing after another went bad costing me another 2-3k and motor still was missing when I sold the car at auction I got 5k for it and the dealer who bought it didn't even get the car back to his lot before the motor let go lucky me took a big loss but picked up the 2.5i for 7000 also and needs no work at all have all maintenance records was owned but an older couple that's son is a tech at subaru so all services were done at dealer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So basically you could have fixed the GT if you wanted, cost looks to be about the same. Either way have fun adjusting to no power, for better gas mileage! Lol

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

So basically you could have fixed the GT if you wanted, cost looks to be about the same. Either way have fun adjusting to no power, for better gas mileage! Lol

Word. A rebuild done right should cost about $7500 and as much time as it takes you to secure parts, do the machine shop thang and put things together correctly.

So, it looks like for another $500, you could have just kept your car. . But instead you bought into the ol' , "It was an elderly couple who had it last, and their son worked at the dealership, so, it got ALL the maintenance things!" party line.

I do miss it but the 2.5i has a much smoother ride and mpg is no comparison

My 05 LGT got 31mpg this weekend highway. EPA rates 2.5i's at 29mpg, but realistically they probably get slightly higher. So no reason for me to go down to 2.5i...

Plus Romraider only supports LGT's (has definitions for). So it's harder to tune out the 2.5i without paying $$ for Cobb.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

Archived