LegacyGT.com

Things to do around Denver

el5y

Hey guys, I'm here in Denver for the next 2 weeks for work so I'm looking for stuff to do on the weekends. Hiking, mountain biking, road biking, scenic drives, white water rafting, etc are all on the list of things I'd be up for.

Tomorrow I might be going up to Rocky Mountain National Park or maybe the Garden of the Gods but I'm not sure yet. I also am getting into photography so some scenic spots would be cool too.

Any suggestions? thanks

Eric

Hey guys, I'm here in Denver for the next 2 weeks for work so I'm looking for stuff to do on the weekends. Hiking, mountain biking, road biking, scenic drives, white water rafting, etc are all on the list of things I'd be up for.

Tomorrow I might be going up to Rocky Mountain National Park or maybe the Garden of the Gods but I'm not sure yet. I also am getting into photography so some scenic spots would be cool too.

Any suggestions? thanks

Eric

I only been out here for a year (came from Arlington, VA and Dumfries, VA)...their is SO MUCH to do. Where are you staying lodo (lower Downtown)???

I'm staying out near the airport in that gateway park area since thats pretty close to my company's office out here.

Much different pace of life than the DC area. I was told that lodo is a great area too so I'm pretty much up for anything.

Drive up to Rocky Mountain National Park, walking around in Estes Park is nice, but crowded in the summer.

Take Old Fall River Rd or Trail Ridge Rd up to the Alpine Visitors center, and if you can swing it, down the other side to Grand Lake for lunch (it's awesome just sitting there by the lake having lunch).

You could then continue on 34 "West" to Hwy 40 "East" (both are really going south mostly when you'd be on them). That'll take you back to I-70 and back into Denver.

That'd probably take you most of the day if you stop for photo ops. :)

I'm staying out near the airport in that gateway park area since thats pretty close to my company's office out here.

Much different pace of life than the DC area. I was told that lodo is a great area too so I'm pretty much up for anything.

I travel to DC/NoVa on a very regular basis for work, and can't imagine living there. Everyone is running 100 mph 24/7 and the only focus seems to be work work work.

Welcome to Gods Country. Any of the things you mentioned above would be a kick in the pants. I'd suggest spending a weekend in the mountains. We like to spend time in Glenwood Springs for some family relaxation time - take a look at http://www.hotspringspool.com .

We don't venture into Denver to party - just don't like the stupidity of the crowds. That and I'm not in my 30s anymore. :)

Definitely get to Boulder. Spend a weekend afternoon and evening on Pearl St. Mall. Very pretty and LOTS of entertainment.. drink some beers on a rooftop and eat dinner on an outside table on the mall. Take a drive up Baseline Flagstaff Mtn or up Canyon to Nederland.

It's a great time of year for white water! The nearest is in Idaho Springs.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

Just got back from Pikes Peak, Colo springs, garden of the gods and the air force academy. All in all a pretty good day :) Next weekend I think white water rafting and rocky mountain national park

Live music, beer, and people-watching on Colfax, South Broadway, or North Downtown... Ft. Collins brewery tours... catch a show at Red Rocks if you see any bands that appeal to you over the next couple of weeks. Or go for Film on the Rocks (Tuesday nights, I think). Denver Art Museum and the Museum of Contemporary Art (check out Mixed Taste if you are here on Friday nights). Eat at Jack -n- Grill, Oshima Ramen, Beatrice & Woodsley, Fruition, Table 6, Steuben's... and of course all the outdoor excursions already mentioned. Welcome, and have fun!
Semper ubi sub ubi.

+1 for the Art Museum. They have "The Psychedelic Experience" there right now. :)

Also, don't forget to check out "Crown Burger Plus" (if you're into burgers...) on Iliff and Downing. Some of the best burgers EVER. Are you working during the weekends? Did anyone come here with you? I'll be down in the 6th and Sheridan area all next weekend doing car work and such if you wanna hang out, grab food, a beer, etc... Just a thought if you're bored.

My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

If you want to get away into the mountains Grand Lake and the Sulpher Hot Springs are a great, rustic Colorado experience and fairly inexpensive.

I love downtown Denver.... but I'm still in my 20s..... ;-)

life in spin cycle.....:spin:

Archived