Automatic

possible options:

+splash guards (pretty much need these)

+auto dimming rear mirror with compass/homelink

+all-weather mats

+cargo tray

+xm satellite radio

Some questions:

- Are these all worthwhile options? Any additions/deletions you'd recommend?

- Does the SE wagon come with fog lights? (Website and brochure seem to disagree.) If not, are they a worthwhile addon? (Deer populations are pretty thick around here. Also would be nice if they help visibility in snowy conditions.)

- Is the gray cloth legacy interior the same shade as the gray cloth in the 07 outbacks? I haven't gotten to see the gray cloth in a legacy in person yet. It's a relatively dark gray, close to black, right? (At least it looks like that on the subaru website.)

- Is OBP exterior going to show paint chips a lot worse than other colors? I drive on gravel roads daily. I want dark interior instead of taupe (doesn't show dirt as easily), and don't really care for silver ext., so OBP seems to be the option that's left.

- How's headroom for someone about 6'1"? Is the sedan significantly worse (listed as an inch less headroom)?

A couple minor gripes:

- I wish the all weather pack was available in non-leather models.

- I wish they offered the gray cloth with all exterior colors.

- I wish you could get a Legacy without moonroof without having to special-order.

- Stability control availability on the low-end Legacy trims would be great.

I would say the options are debatable. It is up to you if you need the extra goodies that come with the car. If you are capable of installing the extra goodies, then it is cheaper to buy it yourself from some of the suby vendors.

If you never turned a wrench, then stick with the stuff already installed if you seem to like the car and not mind the extra cost of the options.

From what I understand, Subaru paint are thin and this may lead to problems with chips so all colors will be prone to showing something. Black might be more visible to the eye than bright colors.

Not sure about the interior or the fog lights, good luck on your purchase.

Archived