LegacyGT.com

Tsb?

Troy T

Are you talking about this one?

TSB 16-74-09

I have been having problems with my 5EAT lately. The torque converter issue is very mild on my vehicle but the harsh engagement of 3rd gear and crazy uprev issue seem more prevelant.

That issue is taken care of by TSB 16-72-07. Still yet to work for me (discussion here).

BTW, how bad is the 'shuddering' issue for you?

24051898_16-74-09p1.thumb.jpg.6c2db31a0385270b359d54357b414807.jpg

1083065620_16-74-09p2.thumb.jpg.c1dce9d4616936874517ef73a6bb78f0.jpg

Thank you that is exactly the one im looking for. I went to the dealer a week ago and they said they cant warranty my shuddering issue because of my SPT exhaust and aem cold air intake, i understand about the intake but the SPT exhaust. I last heard SPT stands for Subaru Performance Tuning, I ask the service manager you guys sell SPT but you cant back your products and he told me that is my opinion and i told him thats not my opinion thats what you are doing denying my waranty over an SPT exhaust and blah blah blah grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Im going to a different dealer with the intake and exhaust off, but i still have an HKS blow-off valve on.

Thank you that is exactly the one im looking for. I went to the dealer a week ago and they said they cant warranty my shuddering issue because of my SPT exhaust and aem cold air intake, i understand about the intake but the SPT exhaust. I last heard SPT stands for Subaru Performance Tuning, I ask the service manager you guys sell SPT but you cant back your products and he told me that is my opinion and i told him thats not my opinion thats what you are doing denying my waranty over an SPT exhaust and blah blah blah grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Im going to a different dealer with the intake and exhaust off, but i still have an HKS blow-off valve on.

http://www.driveperformance.subaru.com/version3_1/upgrades.asp

Added benefits of these SPT intake and exhaust systems go beyond improved performance. The parts are covered by the Limited Warranty for Genuine Subaru Replacement Parts and Accessories. This warranty begins on the day the part is purchased and lasts for one year, regardless of mileage, or for the period of coverage remaining for the part under the Subaru New Car Limited Warranties, whichever is longer. See your Subaru dealer for details.

I kind of doubt those "details" normally include denying warranty coverage for the rest of the car. They almost have a point about the AEM, I could see them denying engine warranty coverage for aftermarket stuff like that (they surely haven't tested and approved AEM's parts), but not for tranny issues.

Archived