LegacyGT.com

WOT logging issues

Strizzy

The issue I'm having is that I can't log at WOT. RR keeps cutting out around 3900 RPMs or 6100 RPMs. Even a 6100 RPM log takes about 8 or 9 tries.

I've tried 3 different Tactrix cables and two other laptops. I even messed with the OBD port, but nothing seems to help. I can log fine as long as I don't push the car hard and I can flash no problem. I even thought maybe my PLX wideband was causing issues, so I tried my friends Innovative WBO2. Same deal. Tried logging with no WB and same problem. Gave up after 3 hours. I'm thinking I have some sort of some electrical issue.

Any ideas or anyone else run into similar problems?

• Mega Users

I have a similar issue. I always just figured it was a side effect of me being a cheap bastard and going for the chinese vag-com cable. Maybe it's a romraider issue. I've had this happen with 3 versions of romraider and even on a fresh install of win7 32 bit.

It does make it a bit difficult to tune when you do a pull and find that it froze half way through!

All of my USB cables have chokes on them to reduce/remove any electrical interference.

I even installed older versions of RR to see if RR was the problem.

I'm almost tempted to get an AP just to see if it will let me log. The speed density/FFS/LC are some nice features I'd like to use too, so I may go that route. But that was be an expensive "experiment" if it yields the same problems.

you need to add a noise filter to the usb cable. i forget specifically which type, perhaps romraider forum has the info

I tried the ferrite connectors and it did nothing for me.

Sometimes it logs great for multiple runs other times it cuts out as soon as I get on it.. I can log other cars just fine. In my case I think it might be the port itself where the cable attaches. It seems to cut during high G acceleration and or cornering.

I thought about that as well. It does it even on non-wot high throttle 1st gear pulls for me. It does seem to be acceleration dependent.

That's almost how I feel. I even try rolling into the throttle as smoothly as possible, with no luck. I haven't tried a 1st gear pull though.

I even ziptied the Tactrix to the OBD port just to make sure it wasn't moving around on me.

Have your battery tested? My logger used to work wot and then quit last fall. My battery finally died a few weeks ago. The weak battery also caused issues with cold start. After replacing my car's battery, rr wot logs work with my same tactrix OP.20 cable, same innovate LC-1, and same cheap usb-serial converter and very cheap USB extenders to facilitate my install through the glovebox.

I'd be very wary of buying filters or other things that people say you need. None of that makes any sense to me because wot logging worked for a while and then stopped. A fresh battery is what fixed all the issues with my car this winter. I now have no trouble starting e85 down to 20*F (has been a mild winter this year) and no trouble wot logging.

Hmm. Not sure about that then. All my car problems were solved with a new battery. Ooh, check your battery terminals for corrosion and clean them if necessary. I cleaned a fair amount when installing the new battery.

Also, sorry for the terrible typing above. I was on a conference call at work.

I cleaned my negative terminal just last week, as it was quite nasty. This was the second time in about 6k miles. I have been thinking about getting one of those compact batteries, especially since it's a major PITA to remove my battery with the AVO cast intercooler pipe just barely in the way. I may have slightly cracked my battery in frustration.

I'm going to try the DIY grounding kit first, then battery.

I had this issue before, both on the Cobb AP, and on my vagcom cable when the AP was married.

I added a ferrite core, and also unmarried AP when I went to stage2 opensource, and use my vagcom cable all the time. No more issues with it cutting out. Not sure if it was the ferrite core or the AP being uninstalled or whatever.

Mine too tended to cut out at WOT or close to it but it's been good now. I've also swapped batteries in the last few years but I don't know if that was related or not.

Hmm, now that I see this thread.. My brother and I have been having the same problem doing logs with his '03 WRX. We're using a legit Tactrix. The first one or two pulls logged fine but now we can't get past 4.1k rpm without it cutting out. What do?? :(.. Does the ferrite core help? I don't think he wants to spend anymore money especially since it feels like the car is going to explode.

Archived