LegacyGT.com

Hella Fog Lights / Other options

Looking to replace the fog lights, but the stock ones are only around 3" and the Hella 500FF that I was looking at are 6". Anyone put these on, or something else?

Someone on a previous thread posted something to a M5 style fog light from DDMtuning.com but didn't elaborate.

Does anyone have an idea on how to get those out of there?

• Mega Users
im looking to replace my fogs too. I would like to mount them more towards the center of the front bumper. The problem is closing off the stock fog light location. I can't seem to find covers that you can close it off with.
"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

I agree the stocks are useless! Primary reason I was wanting to get something different, then my driver side lens had a pebble go through it. Still functional though. I think I will just end up getting a replacement and then putting some laminate stuff over them. Since apparently there isn't too much concrete evidence on how to put anything else there.

What would be really interesting is if you could get the Hella Supertones to be fog lights as well behind the grill.

I have HID's in my fogs that were installed by the PO. They work pretty good and I can tell a difference with them on vs. off with the stock halogen headlights (That is, when they both actually stay on). Replacing the headlights with 5000k and the fogs with 3000k DDM kits. Will possibly take some pics at night. I assume the PO re-aimed them also.

I've ranted once before and will say it again, the stock fogs on my 2007 leggy were head and shoulders above the stocks on my current 2009. I don't know how an engineer could consider the 2008/2009 fogs an improvement over previous 4th gens.

I've ranted once before and will say it again, the stock fogs on my 2007 leggy were head and shoulders above the stocks on my current 2009. I don't know how an engineer could consider the 2008/2009 fogs an improvement over previous 4th gens.

Agreed. Anytime I can't tell when they are on unless I am in front of some reflective surface.

im looking to replace my fogs too. I would like to mount them more towards the center of the front bumper. The problem is closing off the stock fog light location. I can't seem to find covers that you can close it off with.

Also

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=getJointLocator&siteid=216335&Sectionids=0,2276&groupid=51817&subgroupid=9051&componentid=3788&make=32&model=Legacy&year=2008&graphicID=7524005&callout=10&catalogid=2&displayCatalogid=0

Archived