LegacyGT.com

HELP! CEL + blinking Cruise

macdarwin

Alright I searched and got too many results with too many different ideas but Still not enough to convince me that it is the problem.

Ok a month ago I had an Inlet tube replace by the dealer because of the Oil Leak. After the repair, The car Stalled at me twice in the highway and always have a lot of Hesitation everytime i accelerate. I figure I probably just need the Infamous map since they probably put the Piece of Sh!T stock map.

now I drove it hard for a 1 min since I never do and when I reached the traffice light i felt the car vibrate/shakes real bad. The CEL went on and the cruise is blinking, even the Si Drive (S) is blinking. The car feels like its choking and sounds like a BAD ASTHMA lol...It idle pretty rough when the car is not moving but when I accelerate, everything is smooth like there is no problem with it...I cant read no code since I dont have any scanner, i dont feel like driving my car anywhere and might worsen the problem.

I thought since they replace the inlet tube, they probably didnt connect everything right, thats why I got a lot of hesitation when I accelerate.

If anyone here can lend me a hand with there Scanner or just at least an exact idea what it is, Its pretty much appreciated.

Im in the Anaheim by the way.

thanks

-darwin

you can check the code yourself and save the time of people recommending things that it may not be :)

under your dash by your left knee, open the fuse panel, look up, grab the WHITE (note: not green) connectors, plug them together. turn car to on position and while the gauges are sweeping press the trip reset button. once done sweeping the P CEL codes will display in the odometer area, write them down. come to the forums, look up in this thread:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5876&highlight=p0546

and post in this thread what they are and we can help you.

sounds like you have and air leak and your MAF is pissed. You may want to check for a loose air intake pipe and check all of your vacuum lines. If it runs ok at higher RPM and poorly or stalls at idle sounds like vacuum to me. There is a t connection under the intercooler that is quite popular to come loose.

Thanks Sleeper, I dont have any knowledge about the parts but i'll look into it tomorrow.

By the way..am I missing something in this picture? Looks like a clip that suppose to hold something and its not there.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a394/macdarwin/DSC_1085-2.jpg

probably the dealer forgot to put it back!?

Thanks guys, I think im gonna hold up on the Scanner...

I decided to bring my balls out and took the TMIC out. I found the BPV popped out that connects to the Intake? so i put it back

Now I noticed that there is 2 hoses that looks like it supposed to be connected to somewhere..those hoses are attached to the Transmission and the other end is just clipped on...I have 5EAT btw if that matters.

does this look right to you?

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a394/macdarwin/IMG_20100711_085125.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a394/macdarwin/IMG_20100711_085220.jpg

are they supposed to be connected to the BPV?

No. The two lines off the tranny are just breathers. This is normal. Get a hose camp on that BPV hose. Your car is newer so you dont have the "infamous" blue "t" fitting. Instead yours connects directly to the manifold. Clamp it.

It is supposed to run over the top using the open clip you took a pic of. Dumb arse dealer was lazy.

The limp mode you entered happens for a million reasons. Even a cheap $40 code checker will give you the code and reset it for you. Most times it is going to be a leak or a bad sensor reading that cause it to happen.

My car is now back to normal after plugging the BPV Hose that popped out.

The 2 hoses that just hanging there was the only thing that stops me for putting the TMIC back together until mike cleared it out for me.

thanks for the Scanner offer and advice for some of you guys and Mike for making it clear to me.

-darwin

Wow dude looks to me that it was what we thought, hope is all fix now and don't for get to call me this weekend see whats good. I think is time for me to get a clutch so see if we can go on line and see if i can get one for a good price.

Archived