LegacyGT.com

Problems unlocking all four doors?

Anyone else been having to press the unlock button more than twice to unlock all the doors occasionally? When it happened the first time I thought it was just me imagining things but it's happened at least 10 more times since I had the car. I hear the car beep twice for the driver's door, and then hear the car beep twice for the rest of the doors. I also see the tails flash twice to signal that I pressed the button twice. However when the passenger gets to the car and tries to open it, it's locked. Anyone else experience this before?

Daniel

Guest *Jedimaster*
Just give it a 1-2 count before you hit it the second time, or you can do the mod to make them all unlock with one click.

Hmm my manual is about 200 miles from me and I'm probably not going to be seeing it any time soon, so can anyone explain to me what this feature is? I'm assuming that it's some safety feature and that if I leave any time gap greater than 2 or so seconds the doors won't unlock on the second push.

Daniel

My car is basically the same...push it twice too rapidly in succession and it doesn't pick them up as separate pushes. Push it twice too slowly in succession and it thinks you're forgetful and are re-unlocking your door.

You have to find that sweet spot of perfect timing :)

Ditto Stef - this annoys me on a daily basis!! Why can't Subaru just use the same timing everybody else does for their key fobs? - I've never had this problem with any other car that I've owned or rented. Next time I'm at the dealer I'll (1) file a formal complaint, and (2) have them switch it so I can unlock all doors with one click.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

Archived