LegacyGT.com

2006 Legacy GT Stereo Upgrade

Mustard417

Hi,

I recently bought a 2006 LGT and I plan on upgrading the stereo, but I wanna keep the stock head unit. I am gonna use a JL Audio cleansweep to incorporate some external amplifiers without adding any unneccesary noise to the equation. What I need to know is whether the door speakers in the front gets a full range audio signal or is some filtered out since there are tweeters in the front. If the door speakers do not a get a full range signal I'm gonna need to get a signal summing device to sum the tweeter and the door signals. Otherwise I can just get rid of the tweeter signal and my components in the front will work fine with just the door signal. If anyone knows the info I need let me know. Thanks.

Also, here's what I will eventually put in once I figure out this issue.

- 6.5" Boston Acoustics SL60 components in the front.

- 5.25" Boston Acoustics SX55 coax in the back.

- Rockford Fosgate P4004 4 channel amp for those speakers.

- JL Audio 12" W3V2D4

- Rockford Fosgate P3001 for the sub.

Thanks. I thought the door speakers sounded like they got treble. I actually got a hold of Subaru and they said that if it is filtered it's done in the speaker line so the output from the stereo will be full range. This will work fine for my plan. I just gotta make sure I take out any filters from the line when I add my speakers.

Yeah, but I contacted them recently concerning the power handling capabilties of the stock speakers and they had no idea. Doesn't matter in the long run cause I'm gonna take them out, but I was thinking about hooking my amp up to them. It'll probably blow the speakers so it's probably a bad idea...

• 5 years later...

lol super old but for future reference;

the signal coming from the HU is full range for the front/rear..

component sets, have a crossover/xover unit, which separates the highs, lows some w/ more options than others..on coax's speakers, the "filters" are built onto the speakers...

anyone trying to do this, would just connect the 4channel as they normally would and run it full range..might want to cross the rear speakers higher than the fronts, being that they more than likely would not be able to play as low..

Archived