LegacyGT.com

94-98 Legacy Wagon fog housing son a GT model?

Im wondering if the same shaped fog light from the wagon will fit my gt model, ive seen a few that have just a small round housing and some that have a similar looking long oval like unit that is the same on my car.

any tips?

Thanks Rob

Are you talking about the GT wagon or an Outback wagon? I believe even the bumper supports (which the fogs mount on to) are different. I saw a GT-B bumper support and it was even more different from the GT and the OB where the fogs mount. Either SBT, or Johnegg will be 100% on this question. Maybe Brok....if he isn't drunk.

Are you talking about the GT wagon or an Outback wagon? I believe even the bumper supports (which the fogs mount on to) are different. I saw a GT-B bumper support and it was even more different from the GT and the OB where the fogs mount. Either SBT, or Johnegg will be 100% on this question. Maybe Brok....if he isn't drunk.

not an outback i know there a round shape completely different then the gt sedan, but the gt wagon ive looked at a few pics on google and they look very similar, bumper hood and headlights and fogs.

Sorry i dont really know the models and short forms for the cars i am more of a mitsubishi guy and i have the legacy for winter just want to replace my one destroyed housing. which is full of water and i want to do xenon fogs and hedlights

I believe the GT wagon has the same bumper as the GT sedan, fog would be exactly the same, am I wrong?

thats what im thinking cause they do look identical i was just wondering if it was the same front bumper and fogs

ones im looking for are here

http://media.photobucket.com/image/98%20legacy%20gt/phi11/gt1.gif

thats the same as what my car looks likes but its just a pic i found online

Yeah, they are interchangeable.

ok cool here is another question would ones off a 2000-2002 year fit i saw a picture on ebay for one and they also looked really close similar shape and mounting spots for the support bracket inside. http://www.ebay.ca/itm/00-02-SUBARU-LEGACY-FOG-LIGHT-LH-DRIVER-SIDE-NEW-BOX-/360462443596?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item53ed3c644c#ht_2904wt_1186

does anyone have a pair of these fog housings im looking for for sale? i see lots of ppl with the projectors in so the oems must be somewhere. I was kind of hopeing for both shipped 50$ or pick up for 20$ in the toronto ontario canada area.

Ideally i jsut need a good condition driverside housings of a 94-98 legacy gt or wagon my passenger is ok

please post or pm me thanks

You are probably talking about the somewhat small projector fog lights that are installed on all of the USDM 96 GT models, SOME 96 LSi models, and several second generation JDM models. OR you are talking about the larger style JDM prjoector beam fog lights installed on only JDM second gens. These are similar in shape to the factory fogs on your 98 GT. Judging by the way you are citing second gen years (94 to 98 [JDM years]), and by price, you are looking for the smaller one. The larger ones are much more expensive.

I have a 96 GT. I put an OB bumper on it. Do the fogs you are talking about look like the ones on my car? Or, are they the larger ones?

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t375/Kennyfvholla/P5180215.jpg

You are probably talking about the somewhat small projector fog lights that are installed on all of the USDM 96 GT models, SOME 96 LSi models, and several second generation JDM models. OR you are talking about the larger style JDM prjoector beam fog lights installed on only JDM second gens. These are similar in shape to the factory fogs on your 98 GT. Judging by the way you are citing second gen years (94 to 98 [JDM years]), and by price, you are looking for the smaller one. The larger ones are much more expensive.

I have a 96 GT. I put an OB bumper on it. Do the fogs you are talking about look like the ones on my car? Or, are they the larger ones?

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t375/Kennyfvholla/P5180215.jpg

no they look like the ones i posted a few days back in a photo, the ovalish ones only on the gt and wagon not the OB, there are JDM kioto or kiodo from a jdm bumper that i see lots of on ebay but im really just looking for an oem replacement and not to spend 180 for the projectors as this is only really for winter and since its auto and N/A im not goona spend alot of money on it

Oh, okay. My bad. I did not see the link to the picture at all. You're looking for USDM 97 to 99 GT fog lights then. They should be a direct swap.

ideally yes but there surprisingly hard to find ive called many junk yards and replied to many parts cars and not 1 hit

Rally, those old GT fogs are awful. I always see them halfway full of water or all yellow. Buy some JDM ones they are just a better buy.

thats funny my passenger one is mint clear and eprfect, my driver side is yellow like crazy and was full of water :p the little support in the back craked off and there was a hole about 2inch round so i fiber glassed it, cleaned all the contacts that were rusted away and put a bulb in to pass saftey.

I would like the projectors but this car is just for winter for a few years so i dont really care that much to spend about 180$ on fog housings id rather just get a cheap oem used one off a recker clean the lens and then put some 8-10000k xenons in along with the headlights for fun.

If the car was a manual, turbo, and a bit less kms then for sure id be doing alot more to it and probably selling my ralliart but i only payed 1500 for my gt and planning on selling it back for that in a year or two.

so i did the atf and diff change,

atf was pretty dirty and smelled bad, the pan actually wasnt to dirty which was nice, i did however forget to put the magnet back in :( so i broke it into 2 pieces and stuck in through the drain hole :p.

diffs were pretty good looked almost new but did them anyways, took for a test seemed to drive pretty good kicked once into second again but was ok after that will have a better idea when i go for work on monday

On another not when the car was up i let it run in first and R and noticed that the front driver wheel didnt move at all but i could spin it forww\ard and back by hand. when the car was turned off i was able to move the driver side forawrd and bacwards and the passenger one did the opposite. So do i have awd or am probably a 3wd legacy? i really hope its not 3wd

Archived