LegacyGT.com

Ticket for no front license

Erus

Title says it all. Got a bs ticket for no front plate. I live in ohio. Car is a pennsylvania car, so there are no holes drilled in the front bumper.

Is there anyway I can get around drilling holes, when I can take it in to the court? Like, how thoroughly do they inspect it. I will do it if I have to, but I really don't want to.

People who have been through this stupid ordeal, please chime in and offer ways of beating the system.

The plate is coming off as soon as I get home.

I am thinking about just running a loop of black zipties/cable ties, through the plate and around the front bumper.

But in the event that they do not buy that... I doubt I will be able to say 'hold on, i was just kidding. Here is my drill....'

Does anyone know what they actually do when they (who are 'they' anyways?) inspect the plate. Do they just look at it or get up close and tug on it?

In Washington you can get away with having the license plate in the windshield.

You should check your local codes, could be that it does not say that it HAS to be mounted on the bumper.

Law here is that it has to be visible and no more than 4 feet off the ground.

I will probably just end up drilling holes, and then removing plate after I leave.

Now that I think about it, the cop stopped me in a construction zone. Would that affect the fine?

For those of you who have been caught, how much was your ticket?

Did a little research, but not a bunch... I read at a few places that PA doesnt require front plates. So if the car is registered in PA, you dont have to have the front plate, the ticket is bull, and your good to go. Now, they may try to get you to reg the car in Ohio where you live, but thats a different story. There are ways around that too.
If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

just pay the ticket and keep the front plate off. odds are you wont be stopped for it often.

+1.....unless I'm missing something. Why would you HAVE to go there to pay? Why not just pay online or mail in the fine??? Even if you do go in person to pay, I've never had anyone go out to my car to check???

I just paid a window tint ticket online this morning and I've paid at least 5 or so tint/plate tickets in the last 5 yrs.

yeah if the vehicle is registered in a state that has no front plate law, the judge will dismiss the ticket. I have AZ tags, AZ doesnt even GIVE you a front plate anymore. its not required. so if an ohio p.i.g. tries that shit it will get slapped down pretty quick.

Now, otoh, if your an Ohio resident and the car is registered to you in a different state, they may try and pop you for not changing that over.

Beginning of this year I was leaving my sisters in Ohio and heading back home in PA when they stopped me at an Ohio Inspection Checkpoint. They seemed to be letting all the SUV's continue but pulling over all the cars. The road is a lightly traveled road between Scio and Jewitt. There were over a dozen troopers waiting on a side road and only one asking the questions. After asking me were I was coming from and were I was going the Officer told me that Pa doesn't require a front plate and then let me go. After I left left the checkpoint I thought how stupid the checkpoint was.

• I Donated
I got a no-front-plate ticket in my old Infiniti G20. $60. Maryland law states that you have to have it mounted vertically at the front of the car, not at an angle. But I would assume there is no requirement for place on the front or method used.

In Washington you can get away with having the license plate in the windshield.

You should check your local codes, could be that it does not say that it HAS to be mounted on the bumper.

Law here is that it has to be visible and no more than 4 feet off the ground.

Apparently not true. Got stopped this morning, sheriff told me plate had to be mounted to bumper. I stuck it on my windshield after behind pulled over for not having it up at all about 2 months ago. What to do, what to do . . .

No front plate is PC for a traffic stop in most states. So make sure you or your friends don't have anything on or around them that could get you into more trouble. I run front plates on my outback and my wife's jeep but my 1936 chevy in the garage doesn't have a spot for a front plate..... Oh well

Got pulled over in jersey for not having a plate frame over my front plate.

Then the genius cop read my registration wrong, and gave me a ticket for "using plates from another vehicle."

Everything got dismissed, but i had to miss a day of work along with having to deal with a lot of bs from the fam. It was not good.

Plate attached. Zip ties ftw...

It looks to me like there is a good sized dent in the hood...and you're worrying about drilling a couple holes in the bumper? Maybe it's a reflection, but it doesn't look like it to me.

It is still ugly.

My car is by no means a spotless vehicle, it has plenty of battle scars. Its just the principle of not having to drill holes for a law that I think is, frankly, stupid.

and btw its a beauty mark :)

Apparently not true. Got stopped this morning, sheriff told me plate had to be mounted to bumper. I stuck it on my windshield after behind pulled over for not having it up at all about 2 months ago. What to do, what to do . . .

My fine was dismissed because I showed proof to the judge that my license plate was on the windshield. Probably just depends on the different countys.

Archived