LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

it makes me smile inside when another lucky legacy owner gets his hog on. I mean, $1 and 20 minutes? OH. HELL. YES.

To all you snobs with big shiny exhausts? Enjoy your $900 3-5HP. Oh, and your inability to change it back easily.

You can't be serious... right? You are saying you perfer a couple of washers, nuts, and bolts, to a full exhast? And we both know the benifits are more than 3-5 hp. Lets be serious now, it is not even like you were the first person to do this 'mod.' Honda's, trucks, and anyone else who wants more "SOUND" at a cheap price have been doing it for years. I am not stopping you from 'branding' your great invention after Hogmeat, but what makes you want to have your name attatched to something that is a joke within the industy? IMO, you are taking an awful lot of credit for just creating an exhast leak. :spin::lol:

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[In a child-like singing voice]...sounds like someone's jealous.....na-na-na-na-nah-nahhhhhh

And yes, I'd rather have the hogzaust and $1000 in bank, then an exhaust and no $1000 in the bank. But then, this is coming from the guy who gutted his downpipe instead of spending $600 on a new one....(which everyone knows is enough for stock turbo, stage 2 vehicles....)

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

• 3 weeks later...

Actually, I have just heard of this just now. Been reading this thread for three hours and it looks like I have another 8 hours of reading to go to finish it.

I am going to do this tomorrow (assuming I find nothing evil in the later posts).

strike

Na - it'll be a failure like most of my other threads...i think the majority of people that have done it has posted, because they are so surprised it sounds so good.

I bet there arent many who have done it, and not commented one way or another.

Yeah, I know. I am responding to something over a year old... however, my 2006 Legacy GT Limited feels quite stable over 100mph. It is stock (until I do the hogzaust mod that is).

I wonder how far over 1000 posts this thread is now. :p

strike

They are really peppy in town, but do suffer from a "floaty" feeling on the highway (80+ mph). It gets tossed around at high speeds.

Hahaha. I am 40. Let the kid inside of you live a little. Keeps the heart attacks at bay as you get older. :)

strike

So being a new owner, I went to Stage 2 Hogzaust this weekend. And I can say initially I was undecided, I mean I liked the sound, nice and throaty, but then my wife saw and heard the mod, and her comment was, "how old are you?" I then I realized why I was undecided and why I will probably go back to stock. I mean, I am 33 years old, and here I am modding something strictly for sound, no performance gain whatsoever. So for me, call me old, but I really want the performance, not the sound that goes along with it. I'll go buy a geniune turbo-back if I want one. This mod is simply all show, no go for me. Sorry.

Actually, I have just heard of this just now. Been reading this thread for three hours and it looks like I have another 8 hours of reading to go to finish it.

I am going to do this tomorrow (assuming I find nothing evil in the later posts).

strike

Nothing evil to be found, as far as I remember (and I think I've read the whole thread!).

I'm 36, and my wife actually said she LIKED the sound - made the car sound more aggressive. Asked if I could do something similar for her Mazda3. Had to tell her no, because the M3's exhaust is one piece from cat to tailpipe. Actually, maybe even from DP or exhaust manifold to tailpipe. I didn't want to actually make a permanent modification..

Then again, I've found that, IMHO, most cars/trucks in CA are louder than I'm used to. Not sure if that's because most people opt for the "sports/performance" option/model, or whether they're just tuned differently (versus Ontario, Canada). Same Chevy Tahoe/Yukon definitely did NOT sound that loud in Ontario.

So, now "Momo" just fits in better, rather than sticking out. btw, I'm at stage 0.5 (one relatively thick washer, passenger side only). Too much noise, and I get headaches. My brother-in-law and I made our own exhaust for my 2.0l16v Golf out of stainless steel about 10 years ago. Felt like it made an extra 15-20 hp up top, but MAN was it loud. Got a headache driving 15 minutes across town.. Had to stuff it with rock wool to quiet it down some.

I have actually thought about undoing the Hogzaust, just to see if it's been causing the headaches I've been having as of late (don't think so - doesn't seem to be related to driving). That would be the only negative I could think of: if you're very sensitive to a little droning while cruising..

VW

If you are getting headaches, the first thing I would check is your eyes. Seriously. If you wear glasses, your prescription may have changed. If you don't wear glasses, your eyes could be fighting hard to maintain focus. If one eye has less acuity than the other, it will cause severe headaches.

I did the hogzaust today and the noise is nowhere near as loud as my 92 Eagle Talon and it has no exhaust leaks. My Talon is MUCH quieter now that I added more exhaust system to the downpipes, but even with a good muffler, it is still louder than the hogzaust. At cruising speeds, I can barely even hear it.

My 15 year old daughter (who loves my Talon) just kind of said, "meh", about the new tone. My friend (who built my Talon for me) agreed that it sounded meaner but I could tell he was trying really hard to be open minded about a mod that is not strictly for *performance.

However, I have some interesting news about performance. I did not think it was worth it to do a before and after dyno run for it. That would increase the costs a thousandfold! But...

My butt dyno said that there was at most, 8 lbs more torque. Most of that, I attributed to the new sound. I am like a kid with a bike who puts a clothespin and a card so the spokes click, so I figured it was probably ALL my imagination... but that may not be so. Read on:

There is a stretch of private road just over a quarter mile long near my house. I have done several 3rd gear runs on it starting at 2000RPMS. I always top out at about 92MPH before I have to stop rapidly. An hour ago, I topped 100MPH. WTF?

My car is mostly stock. There was some sort of aftermarket intake air filter in it when I bought it. The only change has been the hogzaust. There is no way bypassing the mufflers would create 10 extra MPH. I have no idea WTF is up. I am going to hook my Tactrix cable up again and compare a new third gear run with several older logs I have of the same run. I will post here again if I find anything interesting out. Very weird. (I bought the Tactrix cable for logging, I already have a badass car I can reprogram)

strike

Nothing evil to be found, as far as I remember (and I think I've read the whole thread!).

I'm 36, and my wife actually said she LIKED the sound - made the car sound more aggressive. Asked if I could do something similar for her Mazda3. Had to tell her no, because the M3's exhaust is one piece from cat to tailpipe. Actually, maybe even from DP or exhaust manifold to tailpipe. I didn't want to actually make a permanent modification..

Then again, I've found that, IMHO, most cars/trucks in CA are louder than I'm used to. Not sure if that's because most people opt for the "sports/performance" option/model, or whether they're just tuned differently (versus Ontario, Canada). Same Chevy Tahoe/Yukon definitely did NOT sound that loud in Ontario.

So, now "Momo" just fits in better, rather than sticking out. btw, I'm at stage 0.5 (one relatively thick washer, passenger side only). Too much noise, and I get headaches. My brother-in-law and I made our own exhaust for my 2.0l16v Golf out of stainless steel about 10 years ago. Felt like it made an extra 15-20 hp up top, but MAN was it loud. Got a headache driving 15 minutes across town.. Had to stuff it with rock wool to quiet it down some.

I have actually thought about undoing the Hogzaust, just to see if it's been causing the headaches I've been having as of late (don't think so - doesn't seem to be related to driving). That would be the only negative I could think of: if you're very sensitive to a little droning while cruising..

VW

If you are getting headaches, the first thing I would check is your eyes. Seriously. If you wear glasses, your prescription may have changed. If you don't wear glasses, your eyes could be fighting hard to maintain focus. If one eye has less acuity than the other, it will cause severe headaches.

As I said - I don't THINK it's the car this time. Before, with my Golf, it definitely was the car - after quieting it down, things got much better.

And, I did just get a new prescription in October (VERY slight change - 0.25 in one eye), and I just got around to getting the new prescription. My wife has had sinus pain for some time, and is now taking amoxycillin, so maybe I have a mild form of sinus infection.. Anyway, it's been getting better... Hopefully it'll be gone in a week or two..

HV

• 2 weeks later...
wootage:

Was that vid edited, because about halfway through it, the clouds jumped a couple thousand feet (give or take a few hundred). It was weird. Completely distracted me from listing to the boxer melody.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• 2 weeks later...
I meet another LGT owner who had gone Hogz stage 1.5 and i couldnt see a difference until i layed on the ground. Looks very junky.....but that sound is way better than stock and for a $1.50?!? Im on my way to the hardware store!