LegacyGT.com

He hit my tail light! Before and after pictures

Woke up one morning only to find someone hit my passenger tail light but was nice enough to leave a note. Tail light was busted, bumper scraped and a bulge in the quarter panel. Got it fixed but I have a bit of a lip under my tail light now, I'm not picky though, I definitely don't want to drive a rental ever again :spin:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x36/b5audiboy/Beforeandafter.jpg

Yea he wanted to pay out of pocket so he kind of regretted it after I brought back the estimate which was around $1500 mostly because of the bulge in the quarter panel. That morning he wanted me to take it to one of his friends, I told him no and he said I'll have to take him to court, I told him ok I'll do that. Later that evening I called the cops, reported the accident and they went and got his insurance info.

Could've been easier on a guy and let him fix it. Where I live they would've just hit and ran your a**

I fixed lady's car that was damaged but more than that. Someone hit her and ran and she wanted to fix it out of her own pocket so her insurance wouldn't jack up premium on her.

What? Easier on the guy? WTF?

The guy said he would not pay the estimate at the body shop of OP's choice. OP is not obligated to take his car anywhere other than where he wants it and should not be asked to go anywhere for a buddy deal on his own car.

The other guy should take HIS car to his buddy.

Could've been easier on a guy and let him fix it. Where I live they would've just hit and ran your a**

I fixed lady's car that was damaged but more than that. Someone hit her and ran and she wanted to fix it out of her own pocket so her insurance wouldn't jack up premium on her.

He didn't want to pay for it after seeing how high the estimate was, I respect him for leaving a note but at the end of the day he wasn't paying attention when he reversed into my car and even after being fixed my light sits a bit further in leaving a little lip.

When it come to body and paint, 'you get what you pay for', looks like a good job to me, worth $1500!...maybe not, but....No guarantee a cheaper job, would have been as good.

I had to pay $2500NZD when i clipped a 69 Mustang (very minor damage) at car show, the guy was kind enough to let me pay in installments, as i couldn't pay in one hit. I even got a letter, saying how grateful he was, and praised my honesty, when i could have just driven off.

I do paint/bodywork and I know that's not worth $1500. What you couldve done is gotten money from insurance company and had buddy fix it for 1/2 that.

I also could've not parked in that spot but hey, can't change the past right? :lol: I don't do paint/bodywork nor do I know how they price things but if his insurance estimator agreed that's what it would cost then I'm not going to argue. I'm definitely not letting some random guy touch my car either and his friends shop is located in a bad neighborhood, yea definitely had to pass on that.

Next time you might not be so lucky lol

I wouldn't call getting my car hit lucky, I'm one of those morons that like to park away 5 spots or more away from everyone else, so I'd say I was very unlucky that the one evening I parked my car behind him which has enough room for him to make even a U turn in mind you. Lucky he left a note? Maybe, this was in my apartment complex lot so someone probably saw his big a$$ hummer hitting my car if the surveillance camera didn't, which maybe the reason why he left the note.

Archived