LegacyGT.com

What did you pay?

If this thread exists...I couldn't find it

Curious, what did you pay for yours? Trying to get a baseline, I've seen such a huge range as I look at buying one all the way from 8k-18k with mileage being relatively equal!

Lets make it scientific...mileage, trans, and condition at time of purchase.

Model Year:

Year Purchased:

Mileage:

AT/MT:

Limited Y/N:

Spec.b Y/N:

Mods:

Dealer/Private:

Overall condition 1-10:

Price:

2005 LGTL

Model Year: 2005

Year Purchased: 3/2010

Mileage: 94k or 96k

AT/MT: AT

Spec.b Y/N: N

Overall condition 1-10: 7/8

Price: $11k

just a few notes: I think I overpayed when purchasing this vehicle. The timing belt/related components were not changed. I also ended up doing a right wheel bearing a little after 100k (just out of warranty). Because of those issues and the mileage, I think a more reasonable price would have been $8500 to $10,000, but I really wanted it and was not up to speed knowledge-wise until i found this site.

Model Year: 2009

Year Purchased: 3/2012

Mileage: 27k

AT/MT: MT

Spec.B Y/N: N

Overall condition 1-10: 8.5

Price: $22k

Mods: Magnaflow CBE, Kartboy shift knob

Purchase price includes 3rd-party b/b warranty. I found only one other LGT 5MT available in the area, and it was older & had more miles. Subarus are a bit rare in Florida, at least more so than anywhere north of here.

Tits mcgee

Model Year: 2009

Year Purchased: Mar 2011

Mileage:22,800

AT/MT:

Spec.b Y/N: Y

Overall condition 1-10: 9

Price: 24500

Car came with Cobb AP and 8 wheels and 12 tires and service records.

Year Purchased: Late June 2004

Mileage: 0

AT/MT: 5mt

Overall condition 1-10: brand new

Price: 27000

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Model Year: NZDM 2008 LGT (USDM 2009)

Year Purchased: 2013

Mileage: 90,000kms (56,000mi)

AT/MT: 6MT

Spec.b Y/N: Y

Mods: Stock

Dealer/Private: Dealer

Price: $21.5k NZD ($17k USD)

Model year: 2008

Year purchased: 2013

Mileage: 65,000 miles.

Spec B Y/N: No

Mods: stock

Dealer/Private party: Dealer

Overall condition: 8.5. Couple dings and scrape on bottom of front bumper.

Price: $15,000

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

Moddiction Stainless steel and Titanium shift knobs.

Drivetrain, suspension, brakes, exhaust, cooling, fuel, gauges+MUCH more!

Model Year: 2005 LGT Wagon Limited

Year Purchased: September 2011

Mileage: 102k

AT/MT: 5MT

Spec.b Y/N: No

Mods: Stock

Overall condition 1-10: 7/8

Price: $9,200

I had looked for over a year and a half for a manual wagon under $10,000. The day I took delivery the oil pump failed and the dealer put a new oem short block in the car under warranty. A new vf-52 was also installed at this time and different heads were sourced from another lgt. Car has run perfect ever since the rebuild, I got lucky.

Unless the owner provides a ton of documentation proving the motor is in good health, I'd just assume its going to need a rebuild. Either buy the cheapest one with the cleanest body/interior or get one with a warranty.

Model Year: 5

Year Purchased: 11

Mileage: 89k

Mods: BNR 16G

Dealer/Private: Private

Overall condition 1-10: 8

Price: $12,700

Asking price was $14k & at $12,700 I still over payed. Motor was rebuilt at 80k at a Subi Dealership. Other than the turbo, he installed in sti heads & cams. New tires, brakes, belts, fluids, etc etc... Oh, & one of those compustar starters.

I shouldn't have paid anything over $11 half. Headliner was shot ($400). It leaked which it still does. Worst of all, the clutch packs were shot already ($500+). My first winter with it was a nightmare. Waaa Waaa (insert redline bounce here) BANG SHIFT!

Up until that point, I didn't know the "legacy" existed.

I love the car.

Live & learn I guess

Model Year: 05 OBXT Limited

Year Purchased: 09

Mileage: 35k

Mods: suspension bits+(killerb oil pick up tube+tsk3 for insurance) + etc.....+ stage 1 tune

Overall condition 1-10: 7

Price: $11,500

I got this great deal because it was a salvaged title. I was very careful when I bought it: literally spent 3 hours thoroughly inspecting the car. Still had to spend an extra 1000 bucks a month later to fix the airbag system. Other than that, car has been great to us. I did have to get valve clearance adjusted @ 63k though. We love the car.

year: 05 lgt, regal blue pearl

bought: 2012

mileage: (when bought) 51k, now 58k.... im the second owner

at/mt: mt

spec y/n: na

mods: when bought, it was stock as stock can be :)

now..... stage 2 clutch, smfw, tbe, ts tmic, kyb struts, tein s tech springs, wrx lip, str 601 rims, pro tuned from turbo tech ....and some odds and ends

dealer / private: dealer

condition: 7 out of 10.. now 9, (full buff and seal) and steam cleaning of int

paint was swirled to hell and back .....

price $10,500

• Moderators

Model Year: 2005 LGT Wagon

Year Purchased: 2011

Mileage: 54k

AT/MT: 5EAT

Mods: Bone stock

Overall condition 1-10: 8.5/10

Price: $13,500

Other notes: the car came with every single maintenance record for all service completed at the dealership and was very well maintained. Also came with an extra set of wheels with winter tires

AND...

Model Year: 2005 OBXT

Mileage: 66k

AT/MT: 5mt

Mods: Tokico struts, swift springs, front / rear spacers, STi front LCA bushings, Whiteline RC/BS kit, 07+ headunit, brand new spec.b steering wheel with radio controls, fumoto valve, fresh 60k mile maintenance (all fluids and plugs)

Overall condition 1-10: 8/10 (some cosmetic issues interior / exterior, solid drivetrain / engine so far)

Price: $13,500

Other notes: I paid a lot for this car, but I had my reasons--the car had/has one huge intangible value in my opinion--it's a southern car and has been for it's whole life until I bought it (and VA isn't exactly the great white north, but it will see salt here). The underside is rust free and the car has been very easy to work on because of this.

I also bought an '09 lgt 5mt sedan back in late 2009 (car was new, purchased from dealer). Don't remember all the details but they don't really matter since there's not a market for new 4th gens anyway.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Model Year: 2007 Legacy GT Spec.B, diamond gray metallic

Year Purchased: December 2012

Mileage: 90k

Spec.b Y/N: Yes

Mods: SPT engine bling (oil cap, tie down), SPT intake (uninstalled)

Overall condition 1-10: 8

Price: $15k

Other notes: The car came with a lot of service documentation. Mobil 1 oil and filters for the life of the vehicle. The guy selling it was a retired mechanical engineer and seemed meticulous / particular. His engineer son was the original owner, but the father had been taking care of it. New Pirelli P Zero Nero tires all around, new Bilsteins on the front, and an alignment all done right before I bought it. It also came with 1/2 worn Blizzak snow tires w/o wheels. The SPT intake had been installed briefly, and was removed because "it made too much noise." Otherwise, stock. Asking price was $15.5k. I didn't want to haggle much because I liked the car and he was holding it for me over the holidays while I worked with my bank.

Model Year: 2008 Subaru Legacy GT spec.B in Diamond Gray Metallic

Year Purchased: February 2013

Mileage: 130k

Spec.b Y/N: Yes

Mods: Bone Stock

Price: $13k

Bought off an acquaintance with whom my job does business. His work is as a wholesaler, and that took him all over the NE. The car came in stock trim (aside from a Parrot bluetooth) with utterly complete service history, and an extra set of wheels with fresh Blizzak snow tires. The only reason I gave it 9/10 was because it has highway rash on the front end, and I had to replace both o2 sensors to get it running as smoothly as I like. Other than that, you'd think it has 100k fewer miles than it does. Check out this link for proof :)

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

Mileage: 134,000

Mods: Zero

Overall condition 1-10: 7

Price: $7,300 + $800 shipping = $8,100

Overall I believe I got quite the deal but It took me a while to find it! Car had a leaking radiator and ripped cv boot which was fixed. It doesn't drink oil and the turbo is in good shape! Also had a small rip in the drivers seat. Car was dirty and the headlights were quite yellow but nothing a day or two of working on it couldn't fix!

Model Year: 2005 Legacy GT base

Year Purchased: May 2012

Mileage: 59,976

Mods: Stock when purchased

Overall condition 1-10: I thought it was about a 6, turned out to be a 3! Car is soon to be a 10 for an 8 year old car once I finish the last few items.

Price: $11,700

The body and interior were in pretty good shape, but the car started popping out of reverse a month after purchase and then I discovered it was chewing through a quart of oil every 300 miles. LUCKILY my aftermarket warranty covered the repairs. Rebuilt trans, new clutch, new short block, new turbo (bnr 16g), new PW tmic, TBE, new refinished wheels, new brakes, rotors, and lines, full fluid service and filters, new rear wheel bearings, about to replace trailing arm bushings, shampoo carpets, and get the bumpers refinished. That and replacing my shifter bezel console and center counsel will get the car in like new condition. The car is a joy to drive, but lesson learned about buying a car you know has issues because there are bound to be even more issues you don't know about!

Archived