LegacyGT.com

Memory/ Voltage loss???

Hey guys, I' ve noticed that when I get in my car in the morning all of my readio presets are wiped out, and the cd player starts on disc 1 track 1. It only happens if the car has been sitting for a long period of time (ie: overnight)...when I park it for 8 hours at work it's fine....yet when this happens, the car starts asolutely fine...I figured that something is putting a slow drain on the battery just enough to drop below some sort of threshold for the radio to "forget", but wouldnt the car be slow to start?...It's a stock 07 Limited with the factory remote start:icon_conf ...WTF?

If the battery has enough power to start the car normally, the problem isn't due to the battery running down. Seems to me that the battery would have to be totally dead for the radio to lose the presets - too dead to work the starter solenoid, let alone crank the engine.

I think this belongs in the 'warranty issues' subforum. :)

I may have an answer...

Same thing happened to my 07 Legacy 2.5i Ltd. I took it in to have it checked out. They called me and said they couldn't find anything wrong. BUT, while I was there at the dealer picking my car up, it happened. Lost all presets. They wanted to check it out some more, so off I went in the Forester loaner car, again.

Turns out they had to replace my entire radio...the one with SRS-WOW, satellite, 6-disc changer...replace the whole thing. So far, so good. It's been about two weeks.

I'm thinking there is some issue with this radio. Overall, I think the thing rocks. But I hate having to re-do all the presets...hassle.

What sucks is it is one of those things that only happens occasionally. You'll be fine for a week or more, and then you lose it.

This is a common problem with no clear cut fix. Check out the thread below:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53847

I've had my radio replaced and I'm still losing presets when it's cold out and the car sits overnight. Very frustrating. It is going back to the dealer next week...the technician said it sounds like a short.

This happened to me as well on a very cold day -40C, the car barely started and I lost all presets (2006 GT)My biggest concern was did I lose my AP realtime map? I flashed again that day just to be sure.

I would guess that you do lose your real time map. The base map will stay even if you disconnect the battery.

Archived