LegacyGT.com

heated seats

tasdisr

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sure are, and boy, is it nice. The recent chilly spot here Chicago way gave me a chance to try them out. I have cloth seats, so I didn't dare go beyond the first setting, which was plenty toasty. And the seatbacks aren't heated, just the actual seats, as is standard practice, though I could see the special "GT Chiropractic" model, with heated seatbacks. Kevin

I don't on setting 4 which is the only one I've used it gets up to your lower back, maybe thats just the small fire being burned into my cloth seats but it feels good.

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

I've used heated seats before (in my father's Chevy Tahoe, which has leather) and they are an absolute dream on a damp day. But I am guessing that you can't run them too hot in the Legacy GT with cloth seats due to starting a campfire under your butt. Is there anything that states this in the manual, or is this a "common sense" kind of thing?

[quote name='agctr']Gish another option we dont get in Oz. On the test drive of the E55 yesterday, I was very impressed with the heated seats, NICE :)[/quote] Ah, but you need heated seats in Melbourne :D

[quote]But I am guessing that you can't run them too hot in the Legacy GT with cloth seats due to starting a campfire under your butt. Is there anything that states this in the manual, or is this a "common sense" kind of thing?[/quote] My guess, it's been tested at the highest setting with the cloth seats.. Can you imagine the liability Subaru would have if they started a fire on high?? I'm also guessing that there's a built-in shutoff if things get too hot. Can't rely on "common sense" when engineering stuff like this, considering it's not all that common.

[quote name='racerdave']It would seem odd that it's just the seat bottom that's heated... most other cars I've been in (Volvo, VW, etc) that have heated seats have the seat bottom AND seat back heated.[/quote] Our 01 Forester S (which incidently has cloth seats) has both heated bottom and seat back and I had presumed that the new Legacy was the set up the same way. It's been really hot here in SoCal and I didn't even try them except to see how the switch gear worked and to feel the immediate heat start as soon as I turned it on (LGTL with leather) which impressed me. Then I turned it right off. One of the reasons we bought the Forester S was that it had bottom/back heat so my daughter could ease her back pain when she's driving. She was excited to hear that the new Legacy had four settings instead of the two. I guess I'll check it more closely but I couldn't imagine them not including both seat parts on this car... SBT
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I have heated cloth seats in my GTI, and while both the seat bottoms and backs are heated, I can see how you might not notice the backs, especially if it wasn't really cold out. The only time I notice the backs warming is when I get in a cold car and the seats warm up before the hvac system does. I think there is no way Subaru wouldn't install heaters in the seat backs, especially since they did it in the WRX and the Leg is a premium car. I think the people who are saying the backs aren't heated either had something wrong with the cars they were in or are mistaken. Every other heated seat in the world has both the bottoms and the backs. VW, BMW, Mercedes, SAAB, Volvo, etc. -Nick

[quote name='tasdisr']I emailed Subaru corporate and this is what they told me. "For the 2005 Legacy GT models, the heated seats feature provides heat to the seat bottom and the seat back. "[/quote] DOH... beat me to it! :) I haven't had a response from them as yet but I haven't checked email at home today, either. Glad it is both, though.

[quote name='brady_bunch'][quote name='tasdisr']I emailed Subaru corporate and this is what they told me. "For the 2005 Legacy GT models, the heated seats feature provides heat to the seat bottom and the seat back. "[/quote] DOH... beat me to it! :) I haven't had a response from them as yet but I haven't checked email at home today, either. Glad it is both, though.[/quote] But why? We're in SE TX.... :P

[quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='brady_bunch'][quote name='tasdisr']I emailed Subaru corporate and this is what they told me. "For the 2005 Legacy GT models, the heated seats feature provides heat to the seat bottom and the seat back. "[/quote] DOH... beat me to it! :) I haven't had a response from them as yet but I haven't checked email at home today, either. Glad it is both, though.[/quote] But why? We're in SE TX.... :P[/quote] I go to the mountains a few times during the year and it gets a bit nippy up there. :) Yes 99% of the time I'll be using the A/C and not the seat heaters. :)

[quote name='tasdisr']I emailed Subaru corporate and this is what they told me. "For the 2005 Legacy GT models, the heated seats feature provides heat to the seat bottom and the seat back. "[/quote] This is good news and my daughter will be delighted. She loves the heated seats in the Forester and I hadn't told her yet about the possible change in the the 05 Legacy seats until I had something more definitive SBT
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

The GF's Volvo S40 that will be replaced by the GT Ltd. has heated CLOTH seats. We're taking a beating on it NOT having leather. Seems as if leather is one of those options that do NOT depreciate in value. Anyways....there are pleanty of cars out there with heated CLOTH seats. Catch on fire???? :?: .....I hope you guys were just joking. They do get hot, but....come on! Do you know how hot a seat would have to get to IGNITE into flames? Anyways Pt-2.... Almost every heated seat I've heard of has both seat and back heat. Heated seats aren't just for cool weather. When your driving for extended periods of time, heat helps your leg and back circulation and fights fatigue. I just used the heat this past Saturday in my 300M. Climate control set to 75 and heated seats on Low. I was driving for 12 hrs straight. Really helped!

Archived