LegacyGT.com

No-buff waxes?

dbrunone

So a few products have come onto the market in the last few years, like this one:

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=Z-CS&Category_Code=Zaino&Product_Count=5

They claim to do everything a wax does, except you just wipe it on and thats it. I have a hard time buying it. Anyone have any experience with these things, and if they are as good/durable as a normal modern synthetic wax like Zaino or Wolfgang?

I have been using ZCS for a few years now and it is a very good product.

It is tricky to use in that if you use too much it will smear. Pretty much true

of all Zaino Products actually.

I am currently using up all my Zaino stuff and switching to Optimum Polymer Tech

products as well. They make a product very similar to ZCS called Opti-Seal.

I have nothing bad to say about Zaino, but since I started to use Optimum No Rinse car wash and trying some of the Optimum Car Wax Spray I'm ready to switch almost exclusively to Optimum.

• 2 weeks later...

I've started using Ultima Paint Guard Plus, which is also WOWA (wipe on walk away), and I'm extremely pleased. The slickness is incredible and on some paint colors it looks awesome. I used it on the red 91 MR2 I had before I got my Legacy and it looked absolutely fantastic, even though I never got around to doing a final polish on it and just applied it after I finished compounding the oxidation off.

IMAG0074.jpg

I applied it to my Legacy months ago and it still beads like the day I applied it. It doesn't pop like the red on the MR2 (its QSM) but it still looks good and protects the paint really well. These new polymer sealants are pretty impressive feats of chemical engineering!

I personally don't like products you just put on and walk away, I just can't seem to get the same results as a simple paint sealant. I am running Menzerna PowerLock sealant on my LGT Wagon, and it is fantastic. Super easy application, and months later it still beads water like mad.

Archived