LegacyGT.com

What's everyone keeping in the hidden foam trunk tray ?

Hey All - I have a new 2008 2.5I SE and noticed it has this nifty little undertrunk storage type tray. I was considering putting sometype of tool kit/first aid type kit in there. Just wondering what everyone uses it for to give me some ideas. Any types of bags or boxes you have found that fit nicely into the pre-formed cutouts?

Or should I just toss it out to shave weight and make to make my 2.5I go fast! :lol:

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have parachute cord (strong stuff!), first aid, tools (vice grips, wrenches, sockets, drivers), fuses, poncho, knife, automotive work gloves, zip ties, small bungee cords, twist ties, several sheets of shop paper towels and I know I'm forgetting a few things in there.

VERY handy storage tray IMHO. I used to have a milk crate in my 98GT to keep stuff corraled in the trunk....this is MUCH better.

EDIT: tire pressure gauge, tread depth indicator. Don't have room for jumper cables...so they free float in trunk, where I have a couple of fleece blankets, an umbrella and a spare sweatshirt.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

Mine has been removed and replaced with an amp rack.

But the amp rack has a built in storage pocket which contains -

zip ties

electrical tape

duct tape

screwdriver multi tool

pliers & crescent wrench

heavy duty scissors

wheel lock key

and my tri-pod

Any types of bags or boxes you have found that fit nicely into the pre-formed cutouts?

I went to Sears and bought this to hold my v1 AccessPort and cable. It fits perfectly in the first pocket of that tray.

Hmmm, if a thief is browsing this board and wants to steal a member's wheels, he knows who keeps the key to the wheel locks in that tray now huh? :lol:

lets see, i've got my inverter, maglight (unless i'm driving thru the city, then i keep that up front for beating people off my car :hide:), paper towels, oil, first aid kit, used to have the fire extinguisher back there (now that has to be kept under the drivers seat :lol:), jumper cables (they do fit!), and under that a tarp/poncho, blanket, and if i can get it to fit my tire inflater/gauge. there might be some spare golf balls rolling around in there too, along w/ the gear oil that spilled a couple weeks back :mad: (worst smelling car trunk in the world). i always carry my socket set, and tool box in the trunk as well.

it is a very handy organizer and much better than my previous milk crate storage units :)

I use my Outback to tow a little utility trailer sometimes for home improvement projects, so I keep my drawbar & hitch ball in there along with some ratcheting tie downs that often come in handy.

I also have a basic car emergency kit (first aid, flares, blanket, wrags, etc.) I'm thinking about getting a small, basic tool kit that I could keep in there too...could have been useful on a couple occasions, but not often. I keep a larger one in my wife's truck.

And who could forget my 1200W sub amp? :D

I should get a hitch-mounted winch that I can keep on the back to pull my car out of snow drifts in the winter when I'm screwing around in the mountains, but I don't think it would fit in that foam cubby when not in use...

[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

Archived