LegacyGT.com

How to program functionality

How about a thread with all the ways to program functionality in the car? I have seen posts for: 1) Disable seat beat chimes. 2) Change security from Normal to Valet and back. 3) Use the remote to turn off the chirp on the alarm What else can be programmed by us - rather than taking it to the dealer to have these things set? Post step-by-step instructions. Include tips that have helped.

Disable Seat Belt Chimes. This is a compilation of several posts on how to Disable the seat belt chimes. One-time only: Buckle and unbuckle the seat belts 3 times within 6 seconds to disable it. It will reset the next time you start the car though. Permanent: 1) Turn key to ON position-don't start. 2) IMMEDIATELY after first set of chimes start, click seat belt in and out 20 times within 30 seconds. You should hear it interrupt the first seat belt alarm chime. 3) Turn off key. 4) Remove key. 5) Start. Remember, it will chime 5 times when you turn the car back on...then stop....so make sure you wait to see if it stops chiming Your seat belt light on the dash should turn back on everytime you unbuckle for the car to register. Make sure every unbuckling is registered by the car by watching that light. If it doesn't wrk, try the buckle/unbuckle slower or faster. Repeating the sequence will re-enable the chimes.

[b]Activating and deactivating the alarm.[/b] Deactivate is also the 'valet mode'. Activate or Deactivate the alarm. 1. Sit in the driver's seat and shut all doors and rear gate, etc. 2. Cycle the ignition switch from LOCK to ON three times within 10 seconds, leave it in the ON position. 3. Within 10 seconds open and close the driver's door. The current setting will be displayed on the odometer/trip meter screen. It will say 'AL on' or 'AL off' 4. Within 10 seconds operate the driver's door locking switch as follows: To deactivate, or set 'valet' mode: Move the door panel power lock switch to the unlock position (toward the rear) three times. The odometer/trip meter screen will display 'AL OF' To activate: Move the door panel power lock switch to the lock position (toward the front) three times. The odometer/trip meter screen will display 'AL ON'. When the setting has been changed, a buzzer will sound and the odometer/trip meter screen will display the new setting.

I want to remind people that fastening your seat belt is the single best thing you can do to prolong your life expectancy. Don't disable the seat belt chime if you're going to forget to put on your seat belt! :D OK, 'mom' moment over. Otherwise, these are great posts, very informative, thanks!!

• 1 month later...
[quote name='NewSubieLegacy']Disable Seat Belt Chimes. This is a compilation of several posts on how to Disable the seat belt chimes. One-time only: Buckle and unbuckle the seat belts 3 times within 6 seconds to disable it. It will reset the next time you start the car though. Permanent: 1) Turn key to on position-don't start. 2) IMMEDIATELY after first set of chimes start, click seat belt in and out 20 times within 30 seconds. 3) Turn off key. 4) Remove key. 5) Repeat 1 thru 4 again 6) Start. Remember, it will chime 5 times when you turn the car back on...then stop....so make sure you wait to see if it stops chiming Your seat belt light on the dash should turn back on everytime you unbuckle for the car to register. Make sure every unbuckling is registered by the car by watching that light. If it doesn't wrk, try the buckle/unbuckle slower or faster.[/quote] This post needs to be modified as the instructions are not completely correct. Permanent 1) turn key to ACC. 2) as soon as you turn your key to acc. (just before ign.) start buckling and unbuckling your seat belt. ** You will interrupt the chiming process ** You will need to buckle and unbuckle as stated 20 times within 30 seconds. 3) turn Ign. off and remove key. 4) start car, you have completed programming. The second round of programming actually re-instates the seat-belt chime as reported and confirmed in other posts. Parousia

[quote name='NewSubieLegacy'][b]Activating and deactivating the alarm.[/b] Deactivate is also the 'valet mode'. Activate or Deactivate the alarm. 1. Sit in the driver's seat and shut all doors and rear gate, etc. 2. Cycle the ignition switch from LOCK to ON three times within 10 seconds, leave it in the ON position. 3. Within 10 seconds open and close the driver's door. The current setting will be displayed on the odometer/trip meter screen. It will say 'AL on' or 'AL off' 4. Within 10 seconds operate the driver's door locking switch as follows: To deactivate, or set 'valet' mode: Move the door panel power lock switch to the unlock position (toward the rear) three times. The odometer/trip meter screen will display 'AL OF' To activate: Move the door panel power lock switch to the lock position (toward the front) three times. The odometer/trip meter screen will display 'AL ON'. When the setting has been changed, a buzzer will sound and the odometer/trip meter screen will display the new setting.[/QUOTE] hey, I was wondering what exactly this does? the alarm stops functioning if someone tries to break-in or what exacly?

• 2 weeks later...
How about getting my rear defroster & the mirror/wiper heaters to stay on for more than 15 minutes at a time? I know it can be done, but only by the dealer? And even the seat heaters for that matter. For some reason, it "feels" to me they cycle on and off. I'm aware enough to turn the damn things off when they aren't necessary. Don't need "idiot proof" timers on such things. Anyone know?

well I personally think that you should keep the 15-minute timer, I always forget the defroster, and if you do, your battery will die for no reason. sorry I dont know how to reprogram it anyway but that's my opinion. maybe you should see if the dealer can do it for you.

[quote name='05 GT LTD Owner'] Don't need "idiot proof" timers on such things. [/QUOTE][quote name='fbi012']well I personally think that you should keep the 15-minute timer, I always forget the defroster, and if you do, your battery will die for no reason.[/QUOTE] The timers aren't there for idiot proofing OR necessarily to save battery power since they turn off with the key anyway. They are there to allow the elements to heat up quickly and then give them a rest so that they don't wear out. If they were allowed to burn for hours, they would fail pretty quickly. If they didn't burn so hot, they could stay on all the time but they'd be useless for melting. It's nice that the dealer can override this behavior for those that really do need them to keep working for more than 15 minutes. Most people just need to get rid of the initial ice and frost and the car's heater keeps things warm enough after that.

• 6 months later...
Ok, so if I buy the alarm upgrade I don't have to go to the dealer to turn it on with the Subaru System Selector or however it's called? Does anyone know how we can get one of those contraptions to see what else there is to adjust without having to buy the Cheat Code Book? :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
According to the manual you can also program the interior done light to stay on more or less 15 or 90 seconds I believe with the remote keyless entry. It also states that it is possible to change the wiper defrosters and the window defrosters to stay on indefinitely. The manual states to take it to the dealer. (It says the same to disable the seatbelt chime)

• 5 weeks later...
[quote name='Leonardo']WHat about setting the sensitivity of the alarm?[/QUOTE] Anyone know thw answer to this one? Matter of fact, where is the "shock sensor" located?

Great answers guys!!!!!! I think to change the alarm sensitivity it may require an additional tool to reprogram it, not so easy as the seat belt chime or others... I am also still looking for a way (not cutting wires) to unlock all 4 doors, haven't found it though.... Flavio Zanetti Boston, MA

[quote name='fzanetti']I am also still looking for a way (not cutting wires) to unlock all 4 doors, haven't found it though.... Flavio Zanetti Boston, MA[/QUOTE] A couple people have done it on the forum, and there is a thread for it. I'm too lazy to look for it now. okay okay, who is responsible for the Quagmire smiley? GIGGEDY!!!!! :dm: :dm: :dm: :dm: :dm: :dm:
Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

Archived